⸻ seventeen

season 7, episode 11 - disarm

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

   SAGE'S ARMS WERE wrapped around Lexie's waist as she sobbed, a tissue pressed against her face. Mark had his arm around her shoulders as the trio, along with a group of other doctors, nurses, and hospital staff watched the TV.

"Hey, what's..." Jackson entered the room and started to ask what was going on, but trailed off when he saw the news report on the screen. "Oh my God."

Lexie let out another sob and Sage tightened her hold on her, tears welling in her own eyes. When Mark gave Jackson a look, he stepped forward and took Sage's hand in his and pulled her away from Lexie, wrapping his arms around her. He moved them so they were standing on the stairs, right behind Mark and Lexie.

Owen and Teddy entered the room a few moments later, and both seemed confused as to why such a large group of people were gathered there.

"Hey, what's going on?" Owen asked, turning to the Chief and then Bailey. Neither of them responded, keeping their focus on the TV.

"A major Seattle-area shooting ... We have reports that a gunman has opened fire on students and faculty."

"Bailey?" Owen asked and turned her head to glance back at him. "Bailey, fill us in."

"Again, that's at Pacific College. We now take you live to our on-scene reporter. " Bailey opened her mouth to say something, but she couldn't find the words. "Students and faculty are still in the building. I'm trying to get some answers, but what we know so far is that a gunman opened fire at Pacific College and that there are at least a dozen..."

Sage let out a quiet sob as the tears rolled down her cheeks. She was never really one to cry, but this was different. The shooting at the hospital had happened less than a year ago, and even the thought of another shooting so close to them made her heart hurt.