⸻ seven

season 6, episode 16 - perfect little accident

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

      THE DAY HAD started off with Derek finding Lexie naked in Alex's bed. After he got over the shock and left, the younger Grey had received a lecture from her sister and Sage before they all headed to the hospital together.

Sage had gotten put in the E.R. again, but she didn't really mind because it was pouring rain outside, and pouring rain equaled reckless drivers which equaled lots, and lots of surgeries. 

Cristina was yelling at a lawyer while Sage caught up on some charts when the E.R. doors opened and a paramedic, Jackson, and a gurney came rushing in. She immediately rushed over to help. Jackson and whoever the man was were arguing, which was strange because he usually had an excellent bedside manner.

"Sir, I need you to move to this gurney," Sage said when she got there. 

"Sage, I got this," Jackson said as the man moved to the other gurney.

"Actually, you don't because you're not even in scrubs," she reminded him.

"Tell this dame to back off, Jackie," the man ordered.

"I'm a doctor not a dame," she snapped before she even realized what she was saying. The man raised an eyebrow but looked impressed. "And I can assure you that I am a very good surgeon, sir."

"So is my grandson," the man replied.

"Oh, he's your grandfather?" Sage looked back at Jackson, who looked like he wanted to die. 

"Yes, he is," the man said. He stuck out a hand to her. "I'm Dr. Harper Avery, and you are?"

Sage's eyes widened and she felt herself freeze up. Harper Avery, one of the most famed surgeons in the country, the man whose name was on the Harper Avery Foundation, was Jackson's grandfather. She probably should've made the connection earlier, considering his name was Avery, but for some reason she hadn't.

"Chang, Sage Chang," she stuttered, shaking his hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Dr. Chang," he replied.

"She's a good friend," Jackson added, and her heart skipped a beat. "Sorry for snapping at you," he said to her.

"No problem," she brushed it off. "Can you get me Bailey?"

Jackson nodded and went to go find Bailey, leaving her with the Harper Avery and her thoughts.

He was Harper Avery's grandson.