Episode 10, Part 3: Resolution

(22:00)

I knew that it wouldn't be long until Dean came looking for me, and so I chose to gather my thoughts at the last place he'd expect me to be: the nearest strip club.

So once I found a spot near the bar, I began guzzling down a glass of beer. I've always found that I'm more honest with myself when I'm slightly drunk.

Gabriel told us that we have to figure out what our situation was, or we wouldn't get to change back. Now, normally, if someone told me who I couldn't have sexual relations with, I would've immediately done the opposite of what they wanted me to. I'm stubborn like that.

But in this, I was actually considering the points he made.

He was right. Friends with benefits is messy, especially with Dean's recent heartbreak. He was feeling needy, and I was feeling horny. I knew it was a bad idea from the start and maybe nobody's gotten hurt yet, but that could change soon. And if it did get messy, I would have nowhere to run to. I don't have any money, or a car, or any way to get money.

I know that right now, I've really got to get my shit together.

...

(22:50)

I saw Dean coming into the door of the strip club.

"Oh, shit!" I exclaimed quietly as I tried to find a place to hide. I immediately remembered that I'm a lot bigger now since I'm in Sam's body, and it would be pretty much impossible to find someone I could hide behind, so I surrendered.

"How did you find me?" I questioned Dean.

He laughed. "You, of course, would most likely be in the place you'd never be in, under normal circumstances. Come on, Scar. Let's talk."

I nodded submissively, knowing that we were gonna have to talk about this sooner or later. "Okay, fine."

"You know I hate to say it, but he's right. We gotta stop this. We both know that we're not supposed to get attached like this. Like it or not, we ain't like other people, and this is our life now. We can't do shit like this."

"Yeah, I gotcha. But do you think we can talk about this in a more private place? Something about being around half-naked people plastered in glitter and listening to Ke$ha in the background just doesn't feel right for a serious conversation," I half-smiled at him.

...

(21:30)

Back at my motel room, we were perched on the end of the bed.

I sighed. "Do you want to start, or should I?"

He nodded, giving me the go-ahead.

"Okay. So maybe the two of us having sex isn't the best idea. But what are we gonna do otherwise? It's not like one-night-stands are the best idea either." I decided that maybe one of us should play the devil's advocate. I mean, we've gotta have somewhere to get out our frustrations that doesn't hurt anyone.

"Well," he started, "I think we should just think about the consequences. What if you develop feelings for me?"

I scoffed loudly. "Yeah, obviously since I'm a girl I won't be able to keep emotions and sex separate," I flicked him lightly on his face, "Honestly, I don't think that'll be a problem."

"Ow!" He rubbed the area, dramatizing his pain, "Well it won't be a problem for me either!"

We both sat in silence for about a minute.

"So wait," I thought out loud, "if neither of us have trouble keeping feelings and sex separate, then what do we really have to worry about? I mean, that was the point of all of this. That was the point of Gabriel coming down from the heavens or some shit to tell us that what we're doing is stupid. But, let's think about this: if anyone could make friends with benefits work, it would be us. And honestly, if we were to fight over something idiotic it'd probably be something else. It's not like our friendship is without it's squabbles as of now. But at least if we were doing it then we'd get to have make-up sex."