Episode 8: Lost Loves

"Okay," Sam started, "I think I found a way to bypass that construction just east of here. We might even make it to Pennsylvania faster than we thought."

"Great," I replied. I couldn't wait to finally get our asses on a case. It's been a while. What can I say? I'm bored. 

"Yeah," Dean seemed to agree, "problem is, we're not going to Pennsylvania."

"Wait, what? Seriously?" I rolled my eyes. If Dean found yet another reason to wait for us to take our next case, I swear, I'm going to lose it.

"Just got a call, from, uh, an old friend. Her father was killed last night and she thinks it's our kind of thing. Yeah, believe me, she wouldn't have called, never, if she didn't need us."

We just stood there. Of course, he would find a different thing for us to do. Even though we'd talked about this case all night last night and decided that this was the one we wanted to take.

We agreed on this one.

"Come on, you comin' or what?" Dean impatiently started the car and we hopped in. 

"Shotgun!" I called proudly.

"Damn," Sam replied.

...

"By old friend, you mean?" Sam questioned from the back seat.

"A friend that's not new." Dean retorted without missing a beat.

"Yeah, thanks," Sam scoffed, "so, her name's Cassie, huh? You never mentioned her."

"Yeah, we went out," Dean mentioned.

I laughed. Yeah, they did a little more than just "go out". He actually really liked her. Like, a lot.

I'd heard about her but I never actually met her.

"You, went out with a girl," Sam interrogated, "for more than one night?"

"Am I speaking a language you're not getting here? Dad and I were working a job in Athens, Ohio, she was finishing up college, and we went out for a couple weeks."

"Look," I interrupted, "her dad dying is sad and all, but the case seems like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it really fits with what we do." 

"Which, by the way," Sam spoke, "how does she know what we do?"

"...You told her. You told her?! The secret. Our big family-rule number one, we do what we do and we shut up about it, for a year and a half I did nothing but lie to Jessica, and you go out with this chick in Ohio a couple times and you tell her everything? DEAN."

"Yeah. Looks like," Dean nonchalantly replied with a snide undertone.

...

We arrived at the building where Cassie supposedly was. 

Dean looked nervous. He was constantly licking his lips and adjusting his jacket. This was a side of him I've never really seen.

"Cassie," Dean spoke up.

"Dean," Cassie replied.

Sam and I looked at each other, silently mocking their love-struck tone.

Dean cleared his throat after realizing that Sam and I were standing right there. "This is my brother, Sam, and the girl is Scarlett," Dean clarified, "sorry about your dad."

"Yeah, me too." She looked down.

...

"Jimmy meant a lot to this town. He was one of our best." Some white guy spoke. I didn't know his name.