Episode 5: Did it Hurt to Fall from Heaven?

He stood there. He just stood there, staring at us. 

I looked to Dean, and then Sam. Neither of them knew what was going on either.

"Thanks for the headache, douchebag. Who the hell are you?" Dean rubbed his forehead.

The man tilted his head a bit to the side, in confusion. "I am Castiel, an angel of the Lord."

He raised an eyebrow and a breathy laugh came out of his mouth. "Uh huh, yeah... Right."

Castiel took a step forward, and looked Dean straight in the eyes. "That is your problem, Dean. You have no faith."

There was a crash of lightning and then seconds later, we saw the shadow of immense, pitch-black wings on the walls. 

I pushed Dean aside and decided to talk to the angel one-on-one. "So, Cas-ti-el," I said, mimicking his earlier tone, "why are you here?"

Castiel stepped closer to me, looking partially offended that I would ask such a thing. "Because God commanded it," he paused, "because we have work for you."

Sam furrowed his eyebrows. "What kind of work?"

Castiel's jaw clenched. "Important work."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I got that. But if I'm gonna be busting my ass for someone I just met, it'd better be for a good reason."

He was glaring at me and then he came closer. I could now feel his breath on my face. "Do you honestly believe I would be here on this Earth by choice?"

Dean came in between us. "Whoa, chuckles, back up."

I pushed him aside. "Dean, I can handle myself." 

...

Sam and I were sitting down on the beds, while Dean and Castiel were standing in front of us. 

I wasn't quite sure what I thought about this guy. I mean, out of the blue, he just pops up and decides that he's gonna tell us what to do? Yeah, right. Like I'm gonna let that happen.

Dean definitely didn't like Castiel. The ironic part about that was that him and Castiel were practically eye-fucking each other. I mean, I've always had a feeling that Dean wasn't as pin-straight as he tries to convince us he is... But this? Whew. You could cut the sexual tension with a knife, I swear. Not that I could blame Dean. The guy was attractive. Plus, the whole "angel" thing is totally doing it for me. The deep, gravely voice, his penetrating gaze... I definitely wasn't minding it.

Sam, however, seemed to like Castiel a lot. He kept eagerly asking questions about Heaven, Hell, and everything in between. He was fangirling. Dean and I checked out of the conversation mentally after the fifth or sixth question. Castiel seemed to be enjoying the attention though; after each question that Sam would ask, Castiel would raise his chin and pull his strong shoulders back with a tint of pride.

 Dean headed to the table to pour some more whiskey into his glass. I handed him mine, nodded my head to signal that I wanted some as well. If I was going to deal with angels and shit tonight, I definitely didn't desire to do it sober.

Dean swirled the whiskey in his glass, took a sip, and then placed it on the table. "Well, we should probably turn in for the night." He gave Castiel a forced smile, hoping that he would go away.

Castiel cocked his head to the side in confusion. "What are you turning in?"

Dean rolled his eyes. "Sleep. We need to sleep."

Sam stood up. "It's fine Dean, I think he should stay a little longer."

I smirked. "Yeah, Sam wants his boyfriend to spend the night."