Episode 4: Extra-Virgin Olive Oil

Sam and I were on our way back to the motel from a successful interrogation session. He was driving, and so we were listening to his music. Needless to say, I preferred Dean's. 

He kept on looking over at me. He would do that thing where you glance at someone for a second, and then pretend that you weren't staring. And I wanted to know why. 

"Oh for God's sake,  what is up Sammy boy?"

He rolled his eyes and smiled. "Nothing... It's just... You're abnormally quiet. I should be asking you what's up."

I laughed. I was being quieter than usual, I guess. "It's not awkward for you? I mean the whole catching you jacking off the other day thing was weird. I've seen you completely sans clothing now. I've seen your gun and your roses. Like right now, you're in clothing, but when I look at you I'm seeing you naked." 

Sam breathed deeply and glanced at the floor of the Impala. "Yeah, sorry about that."

I shook my head playfully. "No, it's not bad... You've got a bangin' body and I've totally imagined what kind of wrapping paper your present's in, but imagining someone naked is way different than viewing with your own eyes in high-definition 3-D."

He raised his eyebrows and his mouth opened slightly in shock.

"What?" 

"You've thought about me naked?

I raised an eyebrow. "I've never guest-starred in any of your little sexy-time fantasies?" 

He tilted his head to the side and raised his eyebrows in non-committal agreement. 

...

When we got back to the motel, Dean was on Sam's laptop. Sam's never been a fan of Dean using his stuff. But I'm pretty sure that's why using Sam's stuff gives Dean such great joy. 

Sam walked to the fridge to grab a beer, and sat down at the table where Dean was sitting. I was perched on Sam's bed, putting my headphones in and beginning to plug out from the world of supernatural serial killers. I started thinking about how each of us had our ways to cope. 

Dean turns to substances to ease the pain. Although Sammy and I do appreciate the feel of a buzz, Dean was always drinking. Always on something. Dean tries so hard to hide how he really feels.

I remember when we were younger. Dean took care of Sam all the time, it was almost like Sam was more Dean's kid than he was John's. But any time that Sam did something wrong, John would lash out at Dean. Ever since we were kids, Dean's felt responsible for everyone around him and it's definitely starting to take a toll on him. For every person that we're unable to save, Dean dies a little bit inside. He feels like a fuck-up 24/7. I can see it and I honestly wish that there was something I could do. 

But I have no idea what I would do or what I should do. I've never been the best at communicating my feelings, I'm a lot like Dean in that way. I don't like "chick-flick" moments. 

Then I started to think about the case that we were working on. Virgins being sacrificed. 

I've never gotten the whole "save yourself" thing. I see it as a way to shame women for having and enjoying sex because that's the way the sermon's usually carried out. 

It'd suck to die a virgin. 

I started to think about my first time, when I was rudely interrupted by Dean ripping my earbuds out. 

"Scarface," he smiled and sat down on the bed next to Sam's. 

I flashed him a bitchface and he smirked back at me.