Episode 1: Formalities

"Get out and never come back!" My foster mom screamed at me for the last time.

I've been flitting from foster home to foster home since I was born, and now I was a couple of weeks away from being eighteen. I could be free at last.

I'm done with this.

I turned my back to the adults, grabbed my bag, and went out the door.

I slammed it shut.

No going back now.

...

It was getting dark now. I had to find somewhere to go. I opened my phone, and looked at my contacts. I had only two-

Sam and Dean Winchester.

The three of us were best friends way back when. They understood how it felt to go from place to place; to always feel like an outsider.

I dialed Dean and he picked up almost immediately.

"Scarlett?" His voice was deeper than the last time I'd called him.

"Yeah. Dean, I need a favor."

"Depends." Skeptical as always.

"I got kicked out and need a place to stay. You know I wouldn't ask if I wasn't desperate."

"Text me details, I'll be there ASAP." Dean hung up.

I took the fake credit card out of my pocket, the one Dean gave me almost a year ago, and I used it to get a motel room for the night while Dean was making his way over.

...

Headlights flashed, and I went to the window.

It was there, Dean's '67 Chevy Impala. Dean loved that car like it was his kid.

I opened the door, and there he was. Right in front of me.

He opened his arms widely and smiled. "What's cookin', good lookin'?" He winked.

Dean wrapped me up in a large bear hug.

"Cute. What's it been, like a year or so? Where's Sammy?"

He bit his lip and looked down. "He," Dean paused, "kinda decided to not do the whole hunting thing."

My eyebrows furrowed. "W-What happened? Dean, what are you saying?"

"Sam's off at college. Stanford. While I'm here just having the time of my freaking life trying to not die. And Dad hasn't checked in for days." He exhaled agitatedly.

"Well then let's grab Sam and find him," I stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I don't think Sam would like that. He's busy living his apple-pie life, and he's the one that left us."

"Well we aren't really apple-pie life kind of people, now are we?" Dean nodded, and we got into the Impala.

Next stop, Stanford University.

...

It took us a couple of days to drive there, but we were there at last.

Dean checked his watch, and it was two-thirty in the morning.

He broke down the door and went inside Sam's place.

"Dean, are you crazy?! We could just wait until morning to knock..."

"Well that wouldn't be much fun now would it?" He flashed me his signature cheesy smile.

We came in, and I heard footsteps, they sounded like Sam's. Dean was pushed to the ground, and the two of them started fighting. It was pitch black, so Sam probably wasn't aware that he was fighting Dean.

I just stayed on the sidelines; Sam and Dean's squabbles never lasted long.

Dean got on top of Sam. "Oh, easy tiger." Dean smirked.

"Dean?! You scared the crap out of me."

Dean laughed, "It's 'cause you're outta practice."

Sam flipped over so he was on top.

Dean was surprised. "Or not... Now get off me."

Sam gave Dean a hand to help him get up. "Dean, what the hell are you doing here?" Sam brushed some dust off of his pajamas.

"Well, Scar and I were looking for a beer." He smiled.

The lights were turned on by an attractive blonde. Dean's eyes widened, it was obvious he was enjoying the view.

"Sam?" She looked around the now lit room.

Sam gazed at the girl, "Jess, hey," his eyes widened as they met mine, "Scarlett?"

I grinned. "In the flesh." And I moved forward to give him a hug.

Sam remembered that the girl was standing right there, and so he backed away and introduced all of us. Apparently the blonde was his girlfriend, Jessica.

Once she left the room, Dean and I got to business.

"Sam, Dad's been gone for a couple of days now." Dean twiddled his thumbs. He looked anxious.

"Yeah, so what? He's almost always off somewhere, that isn't exactly groundbreaking news."

Dean put his hands in his pockets. "He's on a hunting trip and hasn't been home for a couple of days."

Sam grew anxious after hearing those words.

...

Dean and I were trying to convince Sam to come with us.

"What the hell? You can't just break in the middle of the night and expect me to tag along with you guys. I've got a life here."

Dean sighed. "Yeah, well Dad's got a life too and his is in danger."

We were outside Sam's place now.

"Sam," I looked into his eyes, "we just need to make sure he's alright. He's missing. Come on, don't act like you're not even a little worried."

He put a hand on my arm. "He's always missing and he's always been fine. There's nothing to be worried about."

Dean interrupted our moment. "Not for this long. Now are you gonna help us or not?"

Sam stopped. "I'm not."

Dean was surprised. "And why not?"

Sam glanced and Dean, then at me. "Because I swore I was done hunting, for good."

Dean titled his head a bit. "Oh come on, it wasn't that easy, but it wasn't that bad."

I came into the conversation. "Sam, please just come with us. We'll find him and you can get back to your life."

Sam crossed his arms. "Dad was the one who said that if I wanted out, I should stay out. And so I did. I mean, do you think that's what our mom would've wanted for us? We were raised like warriors after she was killed. We still haven't found the damn thing that killed her, either. I just want to live a safe life."

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, and going to a new place will make all of the monsters just disappear."

Dean stepped forward. "Look, he's in trouble, if he's not already dead. I can feel it. Now let's go."

Sam grew more frustrated.

Dean rolled his eyes. "We need you to help us. Please."

...............................................................................................................

Thanks for reading! This is a new series, I also have a Teen Wolf series and I'm starting on a Bones series tomorrow. I update every week. Vote, comment, follow! Thanks! :)