Episode 2: Streak Bet

After we had gotten the highly-awaited "yes", it was time to start the roadtrip.

Little did we know, this "little roadtrip" wouldn't ever really end.

But then again, how often are things all wrapped up nicely with a bow?

...

It's been four hours that we've been in the Impala. Four hours. Four absolutely mind-numbing hours.

The same Metallica album has been playing, over and over again. Over and over again. 

I'm not sure how long I can take it.

I've never realized how claustrophobic I am until now.

I was in the backseat, watching Sam sleep in the shotgun seat.

I wasn't watching him sleep in a creepy way, it's just that I didn't really have much else to do.

I swear if I hear Master of Puppets one more time...

Dean didn't seem to mind that the particular song had been played, literally, ten times now.

He's got it on replay and he sings every single note. Every single one.

Now I don't mind Metallica at all. In fact, I'd say they're one of my favorite bands. But seriously, Dean, do you have to have it on constant repeat? I guess it's better than his obsession with that one Asia song, but still. Any song can get aggravating if you listen to it that many times.

Dean looked at me through the rear-view mirror, and smiled mischievously. I wondered what he was thinking of doing, because it was quite obvious that he had some heinous idea.

"Hey, Lettie, you know what I'm thinking of?" He grinned at me.

Knew it. I rolled my eyes and looked up at the mirror. "Tell me your grand idea. Please."

He pouted at me. "You have so little faith in me. But I came up with a game. Let's see how many objects we can place on sleeping Sammy before he wakes up."

That's not that bad of a game. Sounds kind of fun, actually. But wait, there's probably a catch.

"What are the stakes?" I awaited his answer nervously.

He took a second to think, and then he came up with an answer. "Streak bet."

Ahh, the old Streak Bet. Dean's favorite and honestly, I didn't mind since I usually won.

The Streak Bet's rules are simple: If you lose, you have to run around outside for an entire minute in your underwear.

He went first. He placed the end of a spoon in Sam's mouth. I chuckled quietly. Of course, Dean would make a bold move. 

I think Dean actually really likes to show off his, er, manhood. That's probably why he almost always loses. I'm quite positive that he does it on purpose.

Then I made my move. I looked around, picked up a bobby pin from my bag, and placed it in his hair. Sam's always had quite beautiful hair.

Dean scoffed. "Amateur," he muttered under his breath while he picked up a gum wrapper and put it on Sam's nose. 

"Idiot," I mumbled, "you know you're going to lose. You always do, and it's because you make dumb moves. Move smart, win smart." I set a piece of paper on Sam's head and it fell to his crotch, waking Sam up. 

Sam jolted up, taking the various objects off his face. He was not amused.

Dean laughed loudly. "You sure do move smart." He winked and pulled to the side of the road. Then, he turned to me and waited in anticipation.