𝐈

(T/W: mature themes, mentions of
Su!cide)

━━━━━━━━━━━
CHA HYE SU
━━━━━━━━━━━

It had been 377 days.

377 days since it all went down.

Since life went to shit.

Since humans were turning into monsters left right and centre.

It was tragic, but we were all learning to live through it.

Well some of us.

Within the first week of finding our new homes, which were the tunnels underneath Seoul's Olympic stadium, nearly over 50 people had killed themselves because they couldn't live on anymore.

Some because loss of loved ones, some because they were honestly just depressed and the biggest of them all was because some were showing symptoms.

These symptoms being nose bleeds, hallucinations and overly sweating. 

They were symptoms linked to monsters.

Humans would have them before turning into hideous creatures and killing people.

You know, not all monsters were bad.

Some were good.

Some were good like my brother.

Cha Hyun Su.

        ────────────────

"Susu... wake up.."

I groan feeling the faint shake of my arm and whisper coming from my little sister, Su-a.

I open an eye looking at her with a slight glare and roll over.

"What?"

"It's roll call time, did you not hear the alarm?"

Huh. Must of been in a deep sleep.

I shake my head with a sigh slowly sitting up and rubbing my head which was pounding from last night.

Want to know why? I tripped over a log running away from a monster and smacked my head on the concrete.

How lovely.

Not.

It hurt so much and there was most definitely a lump somewhere in the mits of my greasy hair.

Gosh what I would do for a proper running shower right now.

My sister had already rushed outside to line up with the rest of the residents, watching as she hobbled and stood up straight leaning on Jin-Ok for support.

The older woman and the younger boy who stuck to her side, had been partnered up with Su-A and I since we all arrived here, meaning we all shared a 'dorm'.

More like a space in the corner of the facility.

I had learnt they had traveled all the way from Green House Mansion apartments and lost a lot of close friends on the way.

My brother was part of that group but unfortunately Ms Ok didn't know what happened to him.

Great.

I sat on the edge of the bed raking my hand through my brunette locks and slipped on my boots before joining the long line of residents.

I watched as the familiar men, kitted out in there green and camo uniform, cut the hands of the residents to inspect whether they healed quick or not.

If it did. Into the quarantine cell it was.