𝐈𝐈𝐈

[A/N: I wrote most of this chapter listening to 'Waiting room
By Phoebe Bridger's, the song doesn't quite match up with the work but I'll still add in where you can listen from as it's based around that part of the book <3]

(T/W: swearing, mature themes, mentions of death, blood and killing)

━━━━━━━━━━━
CHA HYE SU
━━━━━━━━━━━

I watched as Su A awoke from her deep sleep, a smile rising on her lips as she saw me. I met her gaze smiling back and moved some hair out of her face helping her up.

"How are you feeling?"

"A little better..."

She chuckled leaning against the wall with a little wince when she moved her leg. I visibly frowned at the noise and pulled her right side legging up to see the damage.

It was like something out a horror movie.

The edges of the cut were now going a green colour with a hint of brown from the dried blood; dark purple veins protruding out of it within a thin layer of her pale skin.

I leaned over to my bag grabbing out the medical box which I had stolen from the Platoon quarters last night, opening it up and rummaging around for an alcohol wipe and bandages.

"Where did you get that?"

Su A asked between coughs as she sipped her water which was set next to her. I swatted my hand dismissing her question and kept on looking.

"Hye Su.. where did you get that?"

"Nowhere, I just found it in the street."

Su A sighed quietly and gripped onto my wrist with her boney hand making me turn to look at her.

"What-"

"I told you to stop risking your life for me out there, I'm fine."

"Well you aren't Su A, you are not. You have a huge gash in your leg and it's infected by monster blood. It's getting worse..."

The girl went quiet as she looked away from me fiddling with her fingers.

I let out a small exhale of the breath that I didn't realise I was holding in and carefully began to clean her wound.

She hissed like a snake gripping her leg and shook her head as tears welled in her eyes telling me to stop.

I bit my lip trying to keep my emotions at bay.

"No, I'm sorry Su, I have to clean it.."

I forced myself to ignore her pleads as I finished swiping the blood away with the alcohol infused wipe than began to dress it with a clean bandage.

She breathed heavily as the pain subsided.

I sighed quietly once finishing, happy that it was over and grabbed two pills I had found for her to take.

She took them with ease and laid back down in her head closing her eyes. I leant over kissing her cheek.

"Well done... I'm proud of you.."

Smiling, I left the room shutting the curtain and tying it off before trecking down into the basement area were they kept all the resources.

It had been a week since we had retrieved new packets of food and all of it had been eaten in nearly three days.

I needed to feed Su A, she was weak and had to get her strength back to survive the infection.

Everyone was immersed in their own business, a good thing as no one had spotted me.