𝐈𝐈

(T/W: swearing and mature content)

━━━━━━━━━━━
CHA HYE SU
━━━━━━━━━━━

The sun set behind the ruins of the stadium as Eun Yu and I made our way back to the facility.

The low growls coming from monsters nearby put me on edge but I knew we were close to the broken sewer gate.

Clambering through, I clicked on my flashlight still following Eun Yu as she took the lead.

She knew the tunnels like the back of her hand.

It was kinda scary.

"You should be thankful that I stopped you from making a fool of yourself."

Her raspy voice echoed along the concrete walls snapping me out of my deep thoughts.

I hummed in response not really clicking on to what she said.

"Hye Su? Are you even listening to me?"

No.

I really wasn't.

My mind was wondering to different places and things.

Things being what happened today.

Who was that man and who in his right mind thought it would be okay to make eye contact with me huh?

I chewed my inner cheek looking up from staring at my feet and back at Eun Yu who was now standing a few metres In front of me with her hands planted on her hips in a motherly way.

"You should have let me go at him. I hate them Eun. With my whole
Heart."

"Why? They've protected us and given us a place to stay. Yes I know they have different rules to us but there's nothing for you to despise them."

My jaw clenched.

When did this woman think she had the right to say shit about my views on things.

I walked over to her till we were face to face.

No expressions on either end.

The air was thick as the sound of water dripping echoed down the tunnels.

"You don't know what I've been through Lee Eun Yu. So don't say shit about my views on things and drop it."

Her souless eyes met mine as she poked her inner cheek and gripped the strap of her bag. I watched as she just hummed in understanding before breaking off towards Chief Ji's office.

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Su A.."

I whispered softly sitting down on the edge of her make shift bed.

Her chest rose steadily as she slept peacefully. I smiled a little and leaned down kissing her temple before grabbing the pearl necklace out of my pocket and placing it next to her pillow.

It didn't shimmer like it did back in the store, probably because of the lack of sunlight, but it still illuminated against her pale skin.

I bit my inner cheek realising how white she had gotten.

She was getting worse.

And unfortunately, there was nothing I could do about it.

She wouldn't be able to get better without the right treatment, not just over the counter painkillers and ointments.

She needed real care, from a doctor.

Someone who knew what they were doing.

I hadn't realised but my eyes were watery as the tears rolled down my red cheeks from the immense sunlight I had endured today. I quickly wiped my eyes with the back of my hand after hearing voices coming down the hallway.