𝐕𝐈𝐈

━━━━━━━━━━━
CHA HYE SU
━━━━━━━━━━━

My hand collided with his stone cold cheek as I slapped him out of pure frustration and worry.

Hyun Su looked at me in shook whilst rubbing his cheek slightly, ready to snap at me.

"I thought you were fucking dead. Why didn't you try and contact any of us?!"

I yelled with tears welling up in my eyes, I gulped hard trying to hold the waterfall back.

I have to stay strong.

Don't show vulnerability Hye Su.

"I haven't talked to you in a year Hye. I'm sorry for not contacting you but I was kinda caught up in my own business... I also didn't want to contact you as I was scared of hurting you and Su A."

He scoffed with a tone with no emotion as his dark eyes bored into me.

I clicked my tongue gripping my inner pockets trying not to slap him again. Actually no, punch him.

He let his wing drag against the gravel, letting his guard down as he made his way towards me.

I watched him, looking up at the mature male who was once smaller than me, with a toothy grin and mud smudge on his face from playing outside.

That mud now blood.

"I'm sorry..."

Hyun Su whispered softly and bent down bringing me into a tight embrace.

The world stopped for a second as I felt the warmth from my brother which I hadn't felt in two years.

I burst into tears before I could realise and gripped his ripped sweater, burying my face into his shoulder.

"I'm glad you are okay.."

I managed to get out with a croaky voice as I sobbed into his shoulder. He just hummed in response and rubbed my back soothingly.

After a while, we pulled away from each other and Hyun Su stepped back again, scared of his wing for a weapon accidentally swatting me.

"How's Su A...?"

"She's ill... she got infected by monster blood a few months ago and she's getting worse..."

Hyun Su gulped, this time looking like he was going to be having the sob sesh and not me.

I bit my inner cheek and ran a hand through my yet to be washed hair.

"It's okay I have it handled..."

"I can help-"

"Hyun Su let's go."

The girl, who I had previously stabbed in the chest, walked over to my brother and gently took hold of his hand.

Huh.

How is she alive.

I killed her.

I looked at her baffled as she reached her hand out to me, it displaying my knife with some blood on it.