Ch. 1: The leader of the rogues

I would have given everything to kill them.

Oh, how much I dreamed of seeing their horrible greedy smiles disfigure into tears. Their worst nightmares would come true, their pathetic pleas would fill the room, and it would be my hand the one that took their lives.

Slowly, mercilessly, and in the most painful way possible.

Luckily for those rats, I didn't have the strength to make my dream come true. Hell, I barely had the strength to complete the tasks they made me do.

A servant, that's what I was. The trash of the Crimson Fangs pack. A werewolf so thin and weak she couldn't even shift. Every day I woke up hoping that it would be the last day of my suffering, either by a saving hand or by death, it didn't matter as long as I could be free.

There was a time when I was known as the alpha's daughter. Or at least that's what they said. My mind did not have a single memory of my old life, not even the moment when my uncle murdered my father in front of a three-year-old me, remained.

"Out of my way, cockroach," said my cousin, Gregor, pushing me away.

Asshole.

The push made me fall to the ground next to the bucket of water. I gritted my teeth and swallowed the insult, I couldn't fight back if I wanted to survive. I tried it before but it only worsened my situation.

The rat prince was an idiot, but an idiot with power. Which made him the worst kind of person in the world, if he could even be considered a person. I'd say he was closer to resembling an animal. Even his dirty blond hair looked like rat hair.

My cousin's ugly face remained in my mind as I scrubbed the hallway floor. My fingertips and knees already hurt from cleaning so much, the worst thing was that the day had just begun. So many misfortunes could still happen. And when I say misfortunes I am referring especially to my other cousin.

While Gregor was the rat prince, his younger sister, Violet, was an evil doll. Beautiful on the outside but rotten on the inside.

That was a common trait in the members of my family, evil lived within all of us. Well, except for my father, and that didn't work out well for him in the end.

All of us were remorseless monsters. Me included. The only thing keeping me in check was my weak body. My uncle knew that and that was the reason why I barely saw any food.

Violet was the most flamboyant of us, every time she entered a room she raised her voice to let everyone know she was arriving. I liked it that way. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to calm down before she started her daily show.

"Where are you little Roselyn?"

My cousin's sweet voice took over the hallway. If she was looking for me that meant trouble.

I took a deep breath, then I clenched my teeth.

"There you are!" She exclaimed as her hazel eyes looked me up and down. "Ugh, look at you. Can't you be a little more careful? You have so much dirt on your face that I can't even see your freckles."

"I think it's better this way, she looks better when her ugly face is covered."

Fantastic, the circus was complete. Norman, Violet's mate, stood next to her. The strands of white hair that did not combine with the rest of his black hair fell across his face, covering his wicked smile.

"I've been cleaning all morning, how did you expect me to look?" I got up from the ground and pointed to the bucket of water.

"More presentable," she replied as if it were obvious. "You're embarrassing the family, even the dog looks better than you."