Final chapter: The Luna of the rogues

I never ran as fast as I did at that moment to catch up with the fight.

The image of Zaziel shifting into his wolf form kept spinning in my mind. Surprisingly, Dainan's wolf reached the same size as him and that made me feel nervous.

It's not that I didn't trust my mate's abilities, but even the tiniest threat against him scared me. I didn't want to lose him just when I had finally accepted my feelings for him. Not when I needed him the most.

That was one of the main reasons I had for not wanting to get close to Zaziel at first, I didn't want to lose him like I had already lost the few people I cared about.

The path to the backyard was already desolate, the only signs of people I found were their bodies and the blood that decorated the floor and walls. The survivors had surely done the same thing I was doing, we all wanted to witness the fight that was going to determine the winner of the battle.

When I reached the crowd I found a new problem, I had no idea how to cross the sea of people to enter the center. The noises of the howls and the shouts of support were deafening, and the enthusiasm of those present was such that no one wanted to give up an inch of space.

"Roselyn?"

I turned towards the direction in which I heard my name. A short distance from me was Charlie, at least one of the hunters had survived.

"Can you help me get to Zaziel?" I asked him, without wasting time. I would have another chance to ask him what had happened later.

He took me by the hand and led me to an area where the rogues were. Announcing that their Luna wanted to pass, he managed to get the crowd to make way for me. Some of them even bowed their heads when I walked past them. It was surreal to me that they already considered me as someone so important.

Our mate needs our help, my wolf told me desperately.

Fear made me push past the few people left in front of me in order to reach Zaziel.

He had several injuries on his body, especially cuts on his front legs and chest. Dainan had not come out of the fight so well either. The two wolves were panting, as they looked at each other, probably waiting for their opponent to deliver the next blow.

We can't intervene in the fight, I told my wolf who kept crying for Zaziel. If only I knew how to wear my mother's necklace.

It should have come with instructions instead of leaving me adrift. I didn't have anyone from my family to explain to me how to use it, my mother wasn't with me to help me.

Dainan landed a blow on Zaziel's snout, making him flinch.

Please, mom, I can't take it anymore. I begged into nothingness in my mind, as I held the necklace.

Suddenly I could feel a strange presence behind me. I turned around and found my mother; tall, with red hair, and green eyes. She looked exactly like she did in the photos, with the difference that she was surrounded by a blanket of light.

No one else besides me seemed to be seeing her. She smiled at me and put her finger to her lips to tell me not to say anything.

"I was waiting for this moment," my mother told me, standing next to me. "I'm glad you finally have the necklace in your hands and that you've found your mate. I've been watching you and I'm proud of you. I don't have much time so I'm going to be direct. The necklace has an energy that connects with yours, I imagine you can feel it. To be able to use its power in you all you have to do is allow the energy to flow. To make it easier you can visualize it, think about what color the energy of the necklace can be and visualize how it mixes with your aura. You will feel like electricity surrounds your entire body."