Ch. 20: Karma's a bitch

"Welcome back, my dear niece."

My mind was still confused, but I was sure of one thing: my uncle's rotten smell had returned.

That horrible scent made me want to puke, it would have been nice to fill his designer shoes with my vomit.

He hadn't changed at all, even after the death of his two children, Callius Comrar kept his empty smile and that stupid crown of his.

Although there was a difference, the crown had more diamonds embedded, if he continued like that I wasn't going to have to make an effort to kill him, the weight of his crown was going to finish him off.

"Did you like my gift?" I asked him, raising my head. "I thought maybe you could use it to decorate the meeting room."

My uncle pulled my hair, moving my head back against the back of the chair he had me tied to.

"Laugh all you want now, in the end I'll be the one to enjoy your fall," he said. "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you, that wouldn't be enough for me. I'm going to make sure that your future husband makes you suffer until your last day on earth."

"I'm not afraid of you." I moved my gaze from the ceiling of my old room to my uncle's face. "At this point in my life I'm used to it."

His laughter filled the room, making him sound like a villain from a children's animation. He walked in circles in front of me for a few seconds and stopped right where I last saw my cousin.

"You took my son and my daughter from me. I myself found Gregor dead at this very place, and my poor daughter's face was destroyed."

"You should have seen her body," I muttered.

"You ungrateful bitch," he yelled at me and kicked the door. "I spared your life, I gave you a place to live and I protected you from the vultures who wanted you only for your status, you, on the other hand, ruined my life."

"You call using me as your servant and torturing me almost every day of my life a favor? Don't play the victim, we are both the same. The only compassionate person in our family was my father and you killed him." I sent him a furious glare. "And don't pretend like you didn't try to sell me to the vultures yourself, you would do anything to gain more power."

I didn't have the patience to put up with his drama, he could create his own tragedy all he wanted, but he should do it only with his followers; After all, the council would celebrate even his most ridiculous decision.

"Well, I guess you're right, after so long we can be honest with each other." He moved my chair so that I was facing the bed and sat there. "You are going to help me become the most powerful alpha, I'm not even asking you, you have no choice."

"I already know your stupid plan, you can save the explanation. You want to force me to marry Dainan and so I would wear my mother's necklace for him. It's a shame for you that I already have another mate." I turned my head to the side, revealing the mate mark on my neck.

"That can be solved easily. I just have to kill your mate and you'll be free. It's going to be painful for you, but I don't care what happens to you."

Zaziel, he must have been desperate. Or at least that's what the selfish side of me wanted to believe. I wanted him to be worried about my absence even after our argument, and on the verge of going crazy knowing that my uncle had gotten me back.

That's exactly what I would have done in his place. If the world had to burn to save Zaziel, I was willing to disperse the gasoline and start the fire.

"It's not as simple as you imagine, anyone with four functioning neurons would realize that it's impossible for you to defeat Zaziel."