Ch. 16: A Passion that can't be contained

A traitor, that's how Artec called me.

His tendency to theatrics reached its peak when he gave me the speech containing the reasons why I broke his heart. His exaggeration was so much that even Darla wanted to hide from him. According to him, I changed him for Zaziel, I ruined our perfect relationship for an ephemeral moment with my mate.

When Artec wanted to be annoying he could defeat even the most patient person in the world. In my case, it took me less than twenty minutes to give in and agree to have a sleepover with him, Darla, and Xara.

The logic behind Artec's invitation was that I had spent a lot of time with Zaziel and therefore had to reward them with a full night to themselves.

I had no idea what a sleepover entailed, so I had to ask Xara to explain what I needed to bring or if I had to do anything special.

After listening to the doctor's explanation, I was attacked by excitement. It sounded like a lot of fun, a little silly, but entertaining. I spent most of the day looking at the time until our meeting. I even thought about going to visit Artec ahead of time but I didn't want to seem annoying.

"Welcome to my humble abode," Artec told me when he opened the door to the room he shared with Darla. "Well, it's not so humble, but you get the idea."

"I wouldn't expect anything humble coming from you," I commented.

I didn't even move my foot to enter and he was already dragging me by my arm to the room.

The space was ready for our reunion, several cushions were waiting on the floor next to a table full of snacks and drinks, a short distance from them there was a projector that pointed at the white wall.

"It's about time you arrived, I was getting bored of just talking to Darla."

"You didn't say the same thing yesterday when you were almost crying because I wasn't paying attention to you," Darla told him, leaving the bathroom.

"Don't go telling everyone our private moments," Artec complained.

"What are you talking about? You are the first to speak." Darla sat on the bed. "Besides, I didn't say anything Rose hasn't seen before."

The discussion between the two continued as if I was not present, I did not want to imagine what it would be like when they were truly alone. The funny thing was that neither of them seemed really angry, it felt more like they were trying to see who could last longer than a real fight.

I settled on one of the pillows and opened a bag of chips. Just as I was starting to get exasperated with the back and forth between the couple, Xara knocked on the door, silencing them.

"Did you witness your first Artec and Darla argument?" Xara asked me after sitting next to me.

"How do you know?"

"I heard them screaming from outside the room and that bag of chips tells me they started a while ago." She motioned for the couple to sit down. "Now that I'm here, why don't we get started?"

"I say since it's our first sleepover with Rosie she should talk first," Artec said, opening a can of beer.

"Talk about what?" I looked at him confused.

"About Zaziel, what else?" Xara answered for him.

"Exactly, we want all the details." Artec leaned towards me. "What did you do on the date? Is he a beast in bed as the rumors say? I would ask you about the size of his dick but I already saw it once when we had to shower together."

"Weren't you the one who was complaining about talking about private moments?" asked.

"But we're not just anyone, we're your friends." He looked at me with puppy eyes. "Please, it's tradition to tell your friends these things."