Ch. 2: New life or new prison?

Fantastic. Another person who gave me orders.

I raised one of my eyebrows.
"What are you going to do if I don't do what you tell me?"

He approached me and rested his hand on my shoulder. "Do you really want to stay here?" He whispered close to my ear, then he lowered his hand to my arm and caressed one of my wounds. "I don't see that you're having a very good time."

I flinched at his touch. The pain from the blows became greater and greater after the adrenaline left my body.

He was right. I didn't want to stay in this horrible place but there was no guarantee that the other option would be better.

He is our mate, he can't hurt us.

How naive. I wasn't going to fall for that nonsense like my wolf.

We will go with him only because I don't think anything could be worse than this place. Don't get the wrong idea. I answered to my wolf.

Of all the moments she had to bother me, she chose the least appropriate one. I couldn't understand why she chose to use the energy she had left to convince me to follow that guy.

I grabbed the rogue's wrist to stop him from touching me. Warmth expanded in my hand which made me release it immediately.

"Lead the way," I told him.

He smirked at me, apparently he thought he had won the argument. We will see if he keeps smiling after he gets to see the real me.

"I hope you don't find blood gross," he commented, turning toward the door.

I followed him, making sure to step over my cousin and spit on him before leaving. It was a shame that I wasn't the one who killed him but I wasn't complaining about it either.

"You look better this way, rat prince," I whispered.

"Can you shift into your wolf form?" He asked me as soon as we entered the hallway. "It will be easier to escape that way."

"No."

"If we have no other choice our human form will have to do for now," he said, pulling two knives from his pants pocket. "Stay behind me, I don't want you to get in the way."

I didn't argue with him. I didn't have the strength to do it or to defend myself in case things get dangerous.

I could barely keep up with him as he walked through the mansion. My exhaustion was such that my mind began to block out the screams around us, they sounded like a murmur to me, it was similar to when a television was left on while I was cleaning. That's what the screaming and crying were to me, unnecessary background noise.

The rogue, unlike me, moved like a predator chasing its prey. His movements were precise, each one was probably calculated, and with a speed that surpassed all the people I knew.

Every now and then one of my uncle's guards would get in our way and they would die before they could see what was happening. The rogue finished them off without trying, he approached them without being perceived and stuck the knife straight into their throats.

He made it look so easy, I even dare to say he made it look elegant. His movements seemed like a cruel but beautiful dance, to the point that I started to wait for his next kill.

"Zaziel," someone shouted as we walked through the back door of the mansion.

The man in front of me turned toward the sound.

So that was his name. Extravagant. A good choice for someone like him.

Three people came running towards us. A tanned man who had a scar that ran vertically across his left eyebrow; another man with a shaved head and a tattoo of a crow on his neck; and a muscular woman with waist-length blonde hair.