Ch. 15: A Traditional Date

"You seem nervous, kitten."

Zaziel's words only added more fire to my insecurities. I felt again like a little girl, stupid but full of illusions, and it was all his fault.

Every time Zaziel approached me since we started dating, I couldn't stop overthinking. My lack of experience made me doubt every decision he made. What if he got bored of me because I didn't know what to do?

I tried to convince myself that going with the flow was the best option, it was what I had been doing since we met and it worked, however, a voice in my mind told me that with the new status of our relationship I couldn't continue acting like before.

My insecurities reached their peak when Zaziel appeared in my room with a cute summer dress in his hand and told me to get ready to go out with him in the afternoon.

"Kitten? That's new," I said, looking out the car window.

"Now that you are an official member of the rogues I thought you are no longer a little mouse. kitten is the perfect nickname for you, you became a predator but you still purr like a little cat when I touch you." To prove his point Zaziel moved one of his hands from the steering wheel and placed it on my thigh, giving it a squeeze. "Are you going to tell me why you're nervous or are you going to keep pretending you didn't hear me?"

"I'm just a little nervous about the date," I confessed, looking at his hand in my lap.

"Why? Are you afraid that I will bite?"

I chuckled. "No, it's not that. I know you bite, I still have a mark on my neck as proof."

"You got me there." He held my hand. "I'm guilty of not being able to resist your charms."

"You have very little self-control," I said, smiling, and squeezed his hand. "But it's okay, I like it when you lose control."

"Don't start now, kitten, at least wait until we finish the date."

"You're the one who started it with that nickname." I released my hand from his and rested it on the inside of his thigh, near his groin. I gave it a squeeze and quickly took it away.

"Kitten is feeling playful today." He winked at me. "It seems like you're not nervous anymore."

"I would say that now I'm excited."

And I was. Even though I didn't talk my securities out loud, his attitude showed all I needed to know to regain my confidence for the date. He wanted me, I could proudly say that he desired me to the point of not being able to control his impulses. I felt special, I felt seen, and I was ready to enjoy every single second of our date.

Zaziel stopped the car in the parking lot of a shopping mall. The place was unknown to me, especially because it was within the Moon Guardians Pack's territory.

He got out of the vehicle and went around to open my door.

"Ready to have some fun?" he asked me, offering me his hand.

"Depends on what your concept of fun is," I joked, getting out of the car. "Although for your company I am willing to risk it."

"Don't worry, kitten, I assure you that you will enjoy what I have prepared for you."

The way he said it made me wonder what he might have planned. What fell within the concept of fun for Zaziel?

I still didn't know him well enough to answer that question, everything had happened so quickly that I still had many facets of him to discover. The idea excited me, it was like a game between the two of us that I couldn't wait to win.