Ch. 12: The Jealousy of an Alpha

"Keiran Duncan, twenty-five years old, joined the Crimson Fangs four years ago, and is in charge of strengthening relations with the other packs, if Callius is thinking about expanding his pack as Roselyn suspects, he will have the information," Klaus explained.

He looked around the meeting room and adjusted his glasses. The group of people present paid attention to the folder that Klaus had given us before starting to speak.

The meeting had already started more than an hour ago. The first part was boring for me, the only thing they did was inform the inner circle of the basic information about the Crimson Fangs and their most important members, which was nothing new to me.

"And how do we get him to talk?" Zaziel asked from the head of the table.

"That's the easy part," Klaus grinning replied. "Keiran loves two things, women and alcohol, if we mix the two it won't be very difficult to get information out of him. Every Friday he likes to visit a bar called Extasis, I'm sure tonight won't be the exception."

"Then we're going to have to call Vivian, she's going to know what to do," Zaziel said, putting his hand on my thigh. "Darla, do you think she might be ready for tonight?"

"No, she won't be able to do it," Darla replied. "She's sick, Xara is going to kill us if we try to get her out of the infirmary."

"We need to find someone else," Lion said. "If we don't act tonight the operation will be delayed too much."

"I can do it," I offered, making everyone turn to look at me.

"No, you won't." Zaziel squeezed my thigh. "You have no experience in the field."

"How complicated can it be? It's not like I have to go into the middle of a battle, I just have to act cute, get him drunk, and make him talk. Plus I know how the Crimson Fangs work, I have an advantage in that regard."

"He's not going to recognize you?" Artec asked.

"No, my uncle liked to keep me hidden in his mansion to avoid an uprising, he feared that my father's loyal followers would turn against him when they saw me. Only the members of the council and the ranked members know me.”

“Are you a hundred percent sure about that?” Asked Lion, raising a brow.

“Yes, my cousin would put some videos of me online but she always censored my face.”

“I say that we should give it a try,” Darla agreed with me. “Rose is right, it's not something too risky for her, and we are going to be following her anyway.”

“If Darla says so, then I also think it's a good idea.” Artec threw Darla a kiss.

Lion rolled his eyes at Artec. “I don't see why we shouldn't try.”

From the corner of my eye, I could see Zaziel frowning, he didn't pronounce a word anything but his stiff posture and his raging gaze said it all.

I put my hand over the one on my thigh and caressed his knuckles. He looked at me and opened his mouth to speak.

“Please, let me do this,” I whispered to him.

“Alright,” Zaziel said to everyone. “Roselyn will do it, but if anything goes wrong we finish the mission immediately.”

×

All the bravery that had come over me during the meeting vanished on the trip to the bar. I began to regret volunteering for the job; one thing was imagining what I could do, how badass I would look on a mission, but another was being minutes away from starting my first job for the rogues.