Chapter 5

Chapter 5

My footsteps echo along the halls as the two Guards follow silently behind me. Along the way many of the residents of the Palace recognize me I made my way through the halls, bowing and whispering about how the rightful Queen has finally been found. My strides grow in confidence with their whispered support even when my memories fail me when trying to find my destination, but thankfully the Guards stay silent, allowing me to walk the halls at my own pace.

It takes a few twist and turns but soon I find myself standing in front of large oak doors with my family's crest etched into them. The doors are slightly ajar and as the Guards that have accompanied me move to open them, I hold out my hand and shake my head no.

"She is a child!" A man's voice angrily shouts, causing me to roll my eyes at this out burst.

"Allisara is not a child. She is twenty which is old enough to rule." Comes a reply. I recognize the voice belonging to Demitrias and chuckle. Who ever he is arguing with is not happy that I am back.

"I have sat on this throne longer then most rulers. This is my throne, a throne I have worked hard for." Rage takes over as I recognize now who is arguing with Demitrias. How dare this man claim what belongs to me.

"No, its MY throne and MY kingdom, and you are done screwing around with it." Throwing open the doors, I state these words as I walk into the throne room and march to the center of it. Shock fills everyone's eyes as they take in my appearance, but mine stay glued to Duke Trilavantas as I glare at him, allowing him to see the hatred and rage I have towards this man to shine through.

He looks at me with a mixture of shock and horror before a mask made with a smug smile takes its place. Now I know where Demitrias gets the skill from.

"Princess Allisara, we both know I own all the guards here." Duke Trilavantas begins, his voice dripping with condescending and greed. I grit my teeth and stand straighter, ready to fight if need be and kill the man that sits so comfortably on my throne.

"So you will sit quietly like a good little doll and marry Demitrias as agreed upon by your parents and I while I run the Kingdom. How does that sound." He continues, his smirk growing as he leans back into the throne. My hands clench at my sides as I take in his words. They are filled with greed and I know now that there is no way in Hell that I could ever trust him or the Trilavantas family ever again.

"Mister Trilavantas." I begin, relishing when I watch his smirk falls as I address him as such. Point for me in getting under his skin.

"You must understand that you have royally fucked my life up for the last fourteen years. Do mind the pun." Continuing, I hear a few of the Guards snicker as I take a step closer to the throne, no one dares to stop me and I can see that this visibly upsets the man that has yet to budge off of what is mine.

"Now, I will give you five seconds to get off my throne and leave my Palace for good." I finish, reaching my hand out quickly and taking the pistole from the holster of the Guard closest to me. I grin as I flick the safety off and cock the pistol, readying it to be fired before pointing it directly at Duke Trilavantas' head.

"One." I call out loud and clear.

"You don't want to do this Alli." Demitri pleads

"That is Princess Allisara to you." The Guard whose gun I took corrects, pulling his sword out and pointing it at Demitrias' throat.

"Two." I continue counting, taking a step forward.

"N-now Princess, you don't have to do this." Duke Trilavantas calls out, his voice shaking as his smug face falls