Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Staring at the list of names in front of me, I sigh and lean back in my chair rubbing my temple. This morning as promised, Sky had showed up to my room and lead me to the armoury, helping me pick out a few weapons that I can keep on my body at all times for self defense. After that, he lead me to my father's study explaining that no one other than the assigned Maids were allowed inside. It was a burden lifted off my shoulders that I never knew I had in mind when I walked into the room and learned from Ellisia – the Head Maid in charge of this room – that nothing has been changed in the last fourteen years. From there Sky and I began to weed through the names of Guards now under his command.

Right away Sky pointed out the ones that he knew for a fact were supporters of the Trilavantas, their promotions over the years being ones that made me question if they truly deserved their current rank. Of course I added them to the list of those who will be let go and groaned when I realize it was over a third of the Guards.

"We will need to go through enlisting new Guards soon." I muse just as Ellisia walks in, a cart full of snacks and steaming hot tea being pushed in front of her.

"Might as well throw in hiring new Maids. I kept a list of those I was suspicious of over the years and a few I feel like were more than just loyal to that Traitor if you know what I mean." She chimes in, a frown on her aging face. This piques my interest and I find myself sitting up straighter in my chair, motioning for Ellisia to take a seat on the other side of the desk.

"Do you have the list on you?" I ask as the Maid sits beside Sky, her frown deepening.

"No, it's in my room. I can go get it for you if you'd like your Highness." Straight to the point, Ellisia answers me with honesty; a trait I have grown to like about this forty year old woman. In the short time that I have met her, Ellisia has been frank when answering me, never holding back her words but always being polite. It lead to Sky and I discussing making her the Head Maid of the Palace. I could use her as an ally in my home managing the ones who work to maintain the Palace.

"Sky and I can come with you to retrieve it later so that no one tries to harm you. For now, I want you to keep an eye on the Maids working in the Palace and report back to either him or I if you hear anything in favour of Trilavantas." I shrug, watching as a look of relief crosses her face. It seems having the information that she does is a ticking time bomb, one that could lead to being killed over. As if sensing my thoughts, Sky stands and heads to the door way, motioning for someone outside. He soon returns with a young man I would say is about a year younger than me, his brown eyes and red hair a striking feature I would recognize easily in a crowd.

"Princess Allisara, Miss Ellisia, this is Adam. He is a newly knighted Guard of the Palace. He will be assigned to Guard Ellisia and help be our eyes and ears if need be." Sky introduces Adam to us, causing me to really study the man before my desk.

"Who trained you?" I ask, deciding to test this man.

"Sir Skylard did your Highness." He answers instantly, no trace of nervousness or worry on his face. Surprised, I look to Sky who gives me a smug look and I in turn roll my eyes at him. Adam can be trusted which is good for us.

"Very well then. From this moment forward you will Guard Ellisia. We are working on cleaning up those who support the Trilavantas from the Palace and only keeping those loyal to me." I sigh out, turning to look back at Adam who smiles with enthusiasm.

"I can help with that. Sir Demitrias loved coming to the barracks to brag to us new knights about the Maids he kept around to warm his bed. There are probably a few carrying his children as we speak." Frowning at Adam's words, I stand from my chair and walk to the window, visibly shaking with rage. We were betrothed and yet he messed around with others. I am glad I broke off our engagement.