Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The ride back to the Palace is quiet, Sky focused on getting back safe and sound while I reply the nice night I had seeing Ron and Liz again. I wished they had agreed to move into the Palace but knowing that still treat me the same is the best outcome for me. One of the things I know I will need to get done as soon as winter ends is fix the roads leading to the Slums. With this, many of the residents there can easily leave to find better jobs and return safely without having to worry about the cracks and pot holes in the road.

"So what do you think of my honorary grandparents?" I finally ask Sky as he turns onto the farm that will take us to the garage.

"They are nice people." I laugh at Sky's answer as he presses a button and the barn doors open. He drives slowly into the underground parking until the hummer is returned to it's rightful spot.

"Either way, you're going to come with me when I visit them right?" I ask while climbing out of the Hummer and grabbing my bag from the back seat.

"Of course, Ron is awesome and Liz's food rules."

"I also helped cooked!" I pout slightly at his words, giving Sky a glare.

"Your food rules too." He laughs at me as I huff and start speed walking away from Sky, disappointed when I realize that my speed walking is his normal speed.

"Are you done pouting?"

"No!" I snap back, ready to push open the door to exit the Garage.

"Well you should be, you're to cute to be pouting." I stop dead in my tracks and slowly turn to look at Sky, seeing him looking away from me and running a hand through his messy hair.

"I...I'm what?"

"Don't make me repeat it" He is blushing and I can't help but blush as well.

"But I want to hear you say it again." My voice is quiet, my hear fluttering as I think about what he just said. Maybe Ron is right. Maybe Sky is husband material for me.

"You're too cute to be pouting." He whispered the words this time, still looking anywhere but at me. I smile gently and turn around, pushing the door open and stepping into the halls. After exiting the Royal Garage with my bag in hand, we soon notice the maids running around in a frenzy. It turns out Ellisia had come into the study to talk to me about something. When she couldn't find me, she soon asked around to see if anyone knew where I was. Soon chaos erupted in the Palace and the Maids and Guards began searching the Palace for me.

When I finally stopped a Maid what is going on, new spread of my return and I found myself in the dinning hall standing before everyone and apologize for my disappearance and how I needed to get some space with everything that has happened the last few days. After promising to tell Ellisia and Arian when I will be leaving the Palace, I am able to appease my staff before Sky and I make a quick getaway to the Library.

"So why are we hiding in here?" Searching through the shelves, I find the books I am looking for and bring them to the sitting area by the large windows. The soft light of the Library makes the space feel cozy and judging by how Sky is stretched out on the sofa with a book on politics in hand, I have a feeling he feels the same way.

"I need to change a few laws and abolish a few others. Unfortunately for me, I am not sure how to go about it so I need to learn." I answer, getting comfortable on a love seat. Sky rolls his eyes, but doesn't say anything else as the two of us become absorbed in our books.