Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Standing in my study, I watch out the window as my men reach the Palace walls. It seems that planning this day on the Princess' sixth birthday was a smart move and soon this Kingdom will belong to me. I had planned everything correctly, found men that would side with me and help take control from King Alex and his wife Queen Evelyn. My son was safe at our Estate. The Guard he Squired to had whisked him away by my command when signs of my Rebellion began as promised.

Suddenly the door to my study bursts open and my personal Guard Ronan barges in, a look of panic on his face. This isn't good.

"Lord Trilavantas, Princess Allisara and her Maid are missing!" He gasps for breath, his panic evident. Anger courses through my as I turn to face the window again, my fingers clenched into fists.

"She was supposed to be in her room!" The plan was fool proof. My men would sneak into the Palace with many disguised as guards. So how did they loose a little brat and her Maid.

"We went to personally kill her, but the room was empty and cold. Some one must have snitched to the Maid." Ronan explains, his breath coming easier. Screams of those dying can be heard clearly now as the rebels 'found' their way into the Palace. At least one part of the plan is going accordingly. Turning to face Ronan, I go to give him an order when the door bursts open once again, King Alex and Queen Evelyn rushing inside.

"Juden, are you okay?" King Alex asks as he does his best to barricade the door.

"What's all the commotion Alex?" I feigned concern as I rushed to his side, Ronan helping Queen Evelyn to a chair as Alex and I work to secure my study. Little did they know that I was hoping for a chance like this.

"The rebels. They got into the Palace." Turning to look at the sobbing Queen, I give Ronan a silent signal to prepare for the next phase of the plan. they got in."

"I saw. What a horrible thing to happen on the Princess' birthday." Walking towards my desk, I pick up the sword that I had finished sharpening just hours before. With the door barricaded and the King and Queen in my grasp, I can't let this opportunity go.

"Juden, who do you think started this?" Queen Evelyn asks, turning her tear stained eyes to me. Such a lovely blue colour that should have been mine, but Alex swooped in, taking her from me. Walking towards her.

"Oh, I did." With that I plunge my sword deep into her chest, the shock and fear etched permanently onto her pretty little face as her heart is sliced in two like mine was that day.

"Juden what are you doing?" King Alex demands, trying to rush to his wife's side. Pulling my blood soaked sword from her chest, I swing it towards him, preventing him from doing anything for his now dead wife.

"Taking a Kingdom and making it my own." Chuckling, I glare at King Alex, watching his violet eyes widen in shock and confusion. We grew up together, studied in the same Academy. But I was the son of a Duke and he the Crown Prince.

"Why would you do this!" He demands as I walk towards him and watching the man that called me his brother grow hopeless.

"Because you never deserved Evelyn or the Throne." With King Alex backed into a corner, I plunge my sword into his abdomen, wanting him to die a slow and painful death.

"But our children would have been married. You would have been the next King's Father." Alex's voice grows slow as he falls to his knees, the sword slowly pulling out of him.

"But I want to be King." Ronan comes forward and takes my sword from me. He will make sure that all traces of me being here will disappear.

"It's a good thing my Ally escaped then." With his final breath, the King turns his head to look at his wife, a single tear slipping down his cheek. Finally he is dead.

"Lets go. We need to find the Princess and Kill her." With the King and Queen dead, Ronan and I unbarricade the door, my men standing outside. Knowing that the next part is needed for my ascension to the throne, I take a deep breath and allow my men to attack me. Everything needs to look real if people were to believe that I tried to protect the King and Queen. Looking to Ronan, he takes a sword from another man and stabs me, the pain unbearable.

"It's not fatal you Majesty, but you will bleed a lot. Bear with it for now." Ronan helps me to the ground, allowing me to lay face first. Another man hands me a sword identical to the one I stabbed the King and Queen with, the blade looking as if its been in battle with some specks of blood on it.

As my vision blurs and the pain takes hold, I smile and know that as soon as we have Allisara in our grasps, the Kingdom will belong to me.