Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Waking up in a warm comfortable bed that smells like pine, I find myself melting into the bed. I remember waking from my dream, of wanting to talk to Sky, but then nothing. Confused, I slowly open my eyes and notice that I am not in my room at all. This seems to be happening a lot lately. Groaning, I close my eyes and try to remember what happened the night before. Someone wraps their arms around me, pulling me closer and making me turn around to swat at them.

"I get it, your not a morning person." A deep husky voice calls out with a chuckle. Suddenly the events of last night flashes through my mind and I remember that after waking from my dream, my memory, I walked into Sky's room to talk to him. I must have fallen asleep on his bed and now I am pressed to his side.

"Um...morning." I say sheepishly as my hands feel the hard naked muscle under me. Yep, I am not living this one down for a while.

"Good morning." He says back, running his fingers through my hair. Leaning into his touch, I find myself enjoying this, feeling that this is the perfect place to be right now. If only my parents had betrothed me to Sky.

"What time do we need to meet the Generals?" I ask, pulling away from him and sitting up. The blanket pools around our waist, revealing his well defined muscles to me once again.

"It is at one in the afternoon. Arian and just getting the men into place for what is to come today." Nodding, I look at mental with all of his pictures, my eyes zeroing on the one with the girl covered in mud. He loves her, so why am I in bed with him?

"What time is it now?"

"Ten in the morning. We can relax for now unless you want to do something else." Sky answers, Sitting up beside me and giving me his easy going smile.

"Can we meet with my Elite Guards today?" I know Sky mentioned he would like to pass his position to Arian and be in charge of my personal Elite Guards, but I feel safer with him in charge.

"Sure. Your study or the Dinning Hall?"

"Dinning Hall. It's been a while since I dinned with everyone and with new recruits, including female Guards, I need to dine and meet them." I slowly get up and climb out of bed, stretching and turning to look at Sky. His smile is still on his face, but his eyes shine with something I can't place my finger on.

"I am going to get changed. Meet me in ten in the hall way so that we can get breakfast? "

"Sure Alli." I smile and lean down, kissing his cheek, surprising me and him. Before he can say anything, I quickly walk out of his room and into my own, leaning against the closed door. My heart beats fast, the realization that I kissed Sky making my skin heat up. With a sigh, I think about what a future of dating Sky might look like and find myself smiling. There is something I will have to do to stop tongue from wagging, but that is fine.

With a long day ahead of me, I walk into my closet and dress, pulling on a pair of black jeans, a simple blouse and an indigo blazer. I will need to look the part of a strong leader when dealing with the generals today. Finding a pair of wedges, I slip them onto my feet and walk out of the closet in time for Ellisia to walk into my room with Adam trailing behind her, a smile on her face.

"Something tells me you will need help with your makeup and hair, so I am here to help. Go wash your face and brush your teeth while I prepare everything." She states, shooing me into my bathroom. Rolling my eyes, I thank her for her help before doing what she told me to, coming out with a clean face and even cleaner teeth. She sits me down at my vanity, the top holding makeup, a brush and a few hair ties.

"I have a feeling less is more with you missy." She chuckles out, her hands expertly working my hair into an elegant French braid. With a smile, I enjoy how the small strands that frame my face matches the braid before my vision is blocked by Ellisia.