Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I lay awake in my bed thinking about today. From The interrogation and how heartless Alli was when Max was torturing Juden. She never flinched, just stared on with a blank expression. He had it coming, but even I flinched when he screamed in pain from his fingers being broken. At first I was worried with her reaction, but then when we left the dungeon and made our way to the green house I saw the girl that always sang to the flowers. The soft kind hearted smile that she gives to those who are kind to her.

"I wish I could remember him, the boy I mean. I would tell him thank you for protecting me and helping me..." Those words, her voice, float through my mind. I wish I could tell her everything, let her know the truth of who that boy is and how long I have been waiting to see her again. How leaving her that day at the apple farm broke me. Demitrias never deserved her, never deserved to go retrieve her from Lady Pricilla's Prison for Troubled Women after I was the one that found her. With a groan, I sit up and look at the pictures on my dresser.

"At least she is remembering me." I whisper with a sad smile, my eyes moving to look at the image of the two of us covered in mud. She was so young, five years old to be exact, and the picture was taken two weeks before she turned six. I had just turned eleven that year and after training as a Squire, I grew fond of Allisara as the Knight that trained me was the one in charge of her protection.

Sighing, I decide to check on her, to see how she is handling the news that her parents were murdered in cold blood. I know her, know that Alli will have nightmares soon enough. Maybe what we learned from Juden will trigger more memories, helping her to learn about her past. With a smile taking over my face, I make my way to my door and open it just in time for her to open her own door shocking both of us. She is wearing a pink tank top over a pair of shorts. I know that she ran in the morning through the Garden, something that surprised me the first day I caught her. Not many royals like to stay fit.

"Um...hi." Her voice is quiet as she looks at me, a blush on her face as she takes in my bare chest. It is now that I realize I am only wearing a pair of pajama pants hung low on my hips. Shit.

"Hey." I smile out awkwardly, running a hand through my long hair.

"Can't sleep?" I ask. She shakes her head and walks towards me, wrapping her arms around my bare waist and resting her cheek against my peck. Instinctively my arms wrap around her, holding her close. God she feels so good in my arms.

"I saw how I lost my memories." Alli mutters out quietly, her breath fanning against my skin. She doesn't understand how her touch affects me.

"Want to talk about it?" She nods and lets go of me and I reluctantly release her. She walks into my room, surprising me as she walks past my couch and towards my bed where she crawls under the covers. I have to remind myself that she is my friend no matter how much I want her to be more. But I have to wait. I waited fourteen years; I can wait a little longer.

Closing my door, I smile at the sight of her yawning while curled in my bed. I dreamt of what she would look like as an adult, what she would be like and now I finally get to see it. With only being five years older than her, the only thing that would stand in the way of me asking her out is the fact that I am a commoner. The Nobles wouldn't want to see their future Queen with a commoner.

"You okay Alli?" I ask climbing into bed, wrapping my arms around her as she shuffles closer to me and rests her head against my chest. Distracting my thoughts from going down the gutter, I find myself playing with her golden hair as I wait for her answer.

"I hate being alone." She whispers, my heart breaking slightly at the sadness in her voice. She's been alone for fourteen years. Scratch that, she had Ron and Liz but she still lived in that shack all alone.

"You're not alone." Reassuring her, I pull her closer to me, taking in the vanilla scent of her body wash.

"You also have Ron and Liz we can visit. There is also Ellisia, Adam and Arian." I continue, feeling her smile against my skin. I really should have worn a shirt. She yawns, her body relaxing as she presses closer to me and I decide to ask her what brought her to my room. She begins with talking about the Doctor that Juden mentioned and how she gained the name Allison. It was close to her true name, Allisara, but it was also the one that hid her. The Doctor was smart, knowing that Juden is an evil man, but I am shocked to learn that Alli almost ended up in a brothel. It explains why she was alone in the slums until she met Ron and Liz.

"I have a feeling that my memories will come back stronger. I might even space out when it happens." She explains through a yawn, her violet eyes watering. I chuckle, going back to playing with her hair and watching as she fights to keep her eyes open.

"I will be by your side the whole time then." She chuckles, reminding me that I am the Captain of her Guards and I tell her to hand it to Arian. I'd rather protect her than order men about anyways. After promising to talk more about it in the morning she gives me a soft smile, one that causes my heart to skip a few beats.

Her eyes start to close until finally she falls asleep, looking so peaceful and adorable wrapped in my arms. One of these days I will tell her how I feel and work towards a possible future of being her one and only. Demitrias never deserved her. He didn't care whether she was found or not or if he married her or some other woman. He was just like his father, only wanting power and riches. I am glad he is a normal citizen now. He can find a woman who will use him the way he tried to use Allisara.

"Sky..." I hear my name and look down at the sleeping girl, a serene smile on her lips. I smile as well, placing a gentle kiss against the top of her head and watch her as I fell asleep.