Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"You sure you want to do this today Alli?" Staring at the door that will lead to the dungeon, I debate on if I am ready or not for this. The last time I saw Juden was six days ago when I barged into the Throne Room to take back what's rightfully mine.

"No, but I need to. He has all the answers I need." Sky hums at my answer, his steady presence calming me. With a deep breath, I motion for the Guards to open the doors and begin to descend the stairs. Five minutes and I find myself on the first floor of the dungeons, expecting to see a damp dingy hallway and not a place brightly lit with secured doors spaced evenly on either side.

"Which one is his?" I ask, looking towards Sky who takes the lead.

"Last one on the left." We walk in silence until we come to the cell, anxiety growing inside me. Something deep inside me tells me he is the reason why I grew up in the slums.

"Has he said anything since being imprisoned?" I ask the Guard Max who was tasked to guard Juden.

"Other than he wants to see you, no." Nodding, I motion for Max to open the cell and step on in. Sitting on the cot is Juden Trilavantas, his usually neat hair standing on end.

"Allisara, what a surprise." He calls out as if greeting a guest, his suave smile making me want to punch it off his face.

"You know why I am here Juden." I spat out, motioning for Sky and Max to handcuff the traitor.

"We need to talk about the Rebellion and why you thought my throne was yours." With that, I lead the way to the interrogation room. The one room by the stairs where the door was left open. With a mask of indifference, I watch as the men drag Juden into the room and cuff him to the metal interrogation chair. Sitting across from him, Max takes the spot just behind Juden while Sky stands behind me.

"Now lets get this started."

Sitting in the interrogation room looking at the now dishevelled Juden Trilavantas, I feel my irritation start to grow. Max had a fun time punching Juden when he would refuse to answer my questions or tell me what my smart mouth could do with his cock. I am pretty sure Sky is itching to lay into him as well but I won't allow him to dirty his hands with Juden. Max is more than capable of getting the answers we need.

"Tell me again why you thought that my throne was yours?!" My eyes narrow as I state my demand impatiently, wanting nothing more than to kill this bastard.

"I told you; I thought you were dead." He drawls out with a shrug, wincing when he moves his shoulder the wrong way.

"You're lying." Sky shouts, stepping closer to Juden. Placing my hand out in front of him, I prevent Sky from landing a punch to Juden's smug smile.

"How would you know?"

"Because with out the body of any last living royal member, the Regent couldn't become King or Queen." I answer instead, watching the muscle in his jaw tighten. I had him.

"Now tell me the truth."

"Make me." His grin infuriates me and with a look to Max, I snap my fingers. Max takes this as his que and the sound of Juden's pinky finger breaking and his screams of agony brings a sort of twisted satisfaction to me. This bastard deserves it.

"Tell me!" I continue, watching pain flicker in Juden's eyes, eyes that glare at me with such hatred that I wonder if this is the true feelings of the man I called uncle.

"Fuck You!" I snap my fingers again as my answer. Math breaks another one of Juden's fingers and Juden releases another agonizing scream. Growing up in the slums I grew used to violence and bone breaking. This is nothing from what I witnessed. His screams are nothing compared to those that betrayed the Slum Lords.

"You have two thumbs, six fingers and ten toes." Listing off the extremities, I watch Juden's face pale another level. He is scared, good.

"If I have to ask again, not only will you have every finger and toe broken, you will have them butchered off. Now that's a total thirty eight torturous moments. Refuse to answer me and you will regret it." I wait for a moment after my warning, watching Juden Trilavantas while he takes deep breaths and weigh his options. I take this time to study his chained hands and notice his two broken fingers. They were a clean break like I want. It will make it easier to set the bones and allow Juden to heal properly if I am satisfied with his answers.

Juden glares at me once again, his hatred making me want to shrink into the chair I sit on, but I decide against it. This is no longer the man I called Uncle. No longer the man my father called his best friend. He is a criminal.

"Fine, I'll tell you." It seems my threat worked as Juden concedes. I grin, nodding to Max and allowing him to back away from Juden. The threat still stands. If he doesn't tell the truth, then the torture will continue.

"Good, get started."

"But to tell you I have to start the night of the revolution." I pause, not sure if I am ready to hear about that night. That was the night my parents were slaughtered. The night that changed my life. If my Maid hadn't had saved me and taken me to the Knight and his Squire, I would have been killed alongside them. Taking a deep breath, I look to Sky who gives me an encouraging nod. Knowing I have him beside me, I turn my gaze to Juden and lean back in my chair.

"Continue then."