Liar

A few hours later, everyone came downstairs to eat dinner. Mrs. Weasley was diligently pouring the food into plates for everyone, making sure there was enough to go around. Oliver took a seat next to Sirius Black.

"Good to see you again, Oliver," Sirius said warmly, his eyes filled with genuine affection.

Oliver smiled and replied, "You too, sir."

As they began to eat, Oliver's gaze shifted across the table, catching Tonks out of the corner of his eye. Suddenly, Tonks transformed her face into that of a duck, eliciting a combination of amusement and terror from Oliver. He couldn't deny that she had a knack for the unexpected, but there was also something about her unpredictable nature that unsettled him.

Mr. Weasley came over and sat across from Oliver, his expression a mix of concern and apprehension.

"This is very, very peculiar. It seems your hearing at the Ministry is to be before the entire Wizengamot."

Oliver's eyes widened in confusion and worry. "Wait, what? What does the Ministry of Magic have against me?" he asked, his voice tinged with anxiety.

A heavy silence fell over the room as everyone exchanged troubled glances. It was clear that they didn't know how to break the news to Oliver gently. But before the tension grew unbearable, Professor Moody, who had been observing the conversation from the corner, stepped forward.

"Show him," he commanded, his tone firm and unwavering. "He'll find out soon enough."

Reluctantly, Hermione grabbed a newspaper and handed it to Oliver.

The front page blatantly accused Oliver of being a liar for claiming that the Dark Lord had returned.

"He's been attacking Dumbledore as well," Sirius said, his voice filled with frustration.

"Fudge is utilizing all his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet, to smear anyone who affirms that the Dark Lord has returned," Sirius continued, his tone tinged with anger.

Oliver's expression mirrored his confusion as he looked up from the newspaper. "But why?"

"He thinks Dumbledore is after his job," Lupin chimed in, settling down at the table.

"That's insane. Who in their right mind would believe that?" Oliver exclaimed, frustration etched in his voice, tossing the newspaper onto the ground.

"Exactly the point. Fudge isn't in his right mind; it's been twisted and warped by fear," Lupin explained.

"Now, fear makes people do terrible things, Oliver. The last time Voldemort gained power, he almost destroyed everything. And now that he's returned, I'm afraid the minister will do almost anything to avoid facing that terrifying truth."

"So, he's in denial? Show him my brother's grave! I'll show them this huge scar I have!" Oliver declared, raising his shirt to reveal a jagged scar along his side.

Hermione looked at Oliver sympathetically, her voice filled with compassion. "I understand your frustration, Oliver, but unfortunately, scars and graves can be dismissed or twisted to fit their narrative. What we need is undeniable proof, a way to expose the truth and rally the wizarding community to our cause. We can't let fear and ignorance prevail."

"We think Voldemort wants to build up his army again. Fourteen years ago, he had a huge number at his command, not just witches and wizards, but all manner of dark creatures. He's been recruiting heavily, and we've been attempting to do the same. But gathering followers isn't the only thing he's been interested in," Sirius revealed.

Moody suddenly cleared his throat, shooting a significant glance at Sirius.

"We believe... Voldemort may be after something," Sirius continued, undeterred by Moody's signal.

"Sirius," Moody interjected, his tone firm.

But Sirius persisted, his voice filled with urgency. "Something he didn't have last time."

"Something like a weapon?" Oliver asked, his eyes narrowed with determination.

Sirius opened his mouth to respond, but before he could utter a word, Mrs. Weasley stepped forward, her voice filled with concern. "No! That's enough. He's just a boy! You say anything more, and you might as well be inducting him into the Order yourself."

Oliver's face flushed with frustration, but also with a newfound determination. "If Voldemort is raising an army, then I want to fight. I want to join," he declared, his voice firm.

Sirius couldn't help but smile, a glimmer of pride shining in his eyes. "See," he said, a hint of admiration in his voice.

Mrs. Weasley looked exasperated, turning to her husband for support. "Help me out here, Arthur!" she pleaded.

However, Mr. Weasley remained silent, his attention solely focused on his food.

Feeling defeated, Mrs. Weasley glanced around the table, searching for understanding or backup.

"Well, it looks like I'm going to be overruled," Mrs. Weasley began, her voice tinged with disappointment, "but speaking as someone who has Oliver's best interest at heart-"

"You're not the only one at this table who cares about Oliver, Molly," Lupin interjected firmly. "I think Oliver should have a say in this. He's old enough to decide for himself."

Oliver's expression turned cold as he spoke, his voice laced with determination. "I want to bring him down for what he did to my family."

Mrs. Weasley's frustration reached a boiling point. "Fine!" she shouted, her voice filled with anger as she stormed out of the room.