The Trial Of Oliver Montclair

Oliver was in the midst of donning his suit, meticulously preparing for his looming trial when an unexpected knock echoed at the door.

"Come in," Oliver called out. He was adjusting his tie in the mirror, the silk fabric sliding smoothly between his fingers.

The door creaked open and Hermione stepped into the room, her gaze softening as she took in the sight of him. "Hey, Ollie," she greeted with a hint of nervousness.

"What's up, Hermione?" Oliver responded, managing to keep his voice casual despite the surprise of her visit.

Hesitation flickered across Hermione's face before she gathered her courage. "I... I really need to apologize to you. I'm sorry for ignoring you all summer," she confessed, her voice barely more than a whisper.

Oliver was taken aback, but he remained silent, urging her to continue.

"Dumbledore advised me it was for the best - for my safety as well as yours." Hermione's eyes were filled with regret as she finally unveiled the truth.

"Yeah, that wasn't exactly great," Oliver said, his voice tinged with a hint of disappointment.

"It wasn't easy for me at all. I missed you so much, Oliver," Hermione said, her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

"I missed you too. Every single day. It was hard not having you around, Hermione," Oliver admitted, his gaze locked onto hers, expressing the depth of his longing.

"I never stopped thinking about you. I was constantly worrying about you and wanted to be with you," Hermione said, her voice trembling with raw vulnerability.

Oliver put his hands on Hermione's waist, drawing her close. "I forgive you," he whispered, the weight of his words carrying the promise of a new beginning.

Hermione's smile widened as she tightly embraced Oliver.

"Thank you, Ollie. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"Oh yeah, you better," Oliver laughed.

Hermione playfully grabbed his tie, wrapping it around her finger. "You look really good in a suit, by the way," she said, making a fanning motion with her hand.

Before Oliver could reply, Mr. Weasley walked into the room with a smile. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything. Are you ready, Oliver?"

"Yeah, I guess so," Oliver said, a bit nervous.

"Good luck," Hermione whispered before gently kissing Oliver.

Oliver and Mr. Weasley took a train across town. The rhythmic clatter of the subway echoed as they emerged into the bustling city.

Mr. Weasley, unfamiliar with Muggle contraptions, got comically entangled at the subway gate. Oliver, seasoned in the ways of both worlds, chuckled at the sight. With a deft move, he inserted a card into the machine, causing the gate to graciously swing open.

"Ahh, real fancy these Muggles," Mr. Weasley remarked in wide-eyed fascination, observing the seamless technology.

"Yeah, I guess so," Oliver replied, his laughter bubbling just beneath the surface. He marveled at the charm of introducing the wizarding world to the marvels of the mundane.

Eventually, they both came across a payphone. As they entered, it descended like an elevator, taking them to an underground passage.

Oliver wore a look of shock, clearly not expecting this peculiar twist.

"My turn to amaze you, huh?" Mr. Weasley laughed.

Mr. Weasley guided Oliver through the intricate corridors of the ministry, imparting words of advice and encouragement as they approached the door of Oliver's hearing.