Breaking Point

Everyone hit the ground hard with a massive thud, and Oliver quickly tried to regain his footing. As he looked around, they all seemed to be in a pitch-black room with only a single gateway in front of them.

"Department of Mysteries, huh? They definitely got that part right," Ron said as he got back to his feet.

"Shut up," Hermione slapped his shoulder.

Oliver suddenly started hearing whispers coming from the gateway, which grew in intensity the closer he got to it.

"Do you guys hear that?" he asked, sounding concerned. "The voices..."

"What voices?" Isabella asked, sounding confused.

Oliver stepped even closer, and the whispers grew louder. However, he was unable to make out exactly what they were saying.

"I hear them too," Luna confirmed as she stepped next to Oliver.

"There are no voices, Oliver. Let's get out of here," Hermione said, trying to lead him away.

Suddenly, a gust of black wind rushed towards Oliver, causing him to fall down.

When he found his footing again, the Death Eaters had managed to capture all of his friends.

"Did you honestly think children like you stood a chance against us?" Lucius said with a menacing laugh as he approached him.

"Let them go!" Oliver exclaimed, raising his wand.

Lucius extended his hand towards him and spoke in a threatening tone. "I'll put this in terms even you can understand. Hand me the prophecy or watch your friends die."

"Don't do it, Oliver!" Neville shouted, but Bellatrix slapped him and silenced him in an instant.

Oliver glanced at his friends, taking a moment to consider the possible consequences of his actions.

"You want the prophecy? Fine! Catch!" Oliver yelled, throwing the prophecy up into the air. Lucius dove to catch it, but he missed by just a split second. The prophecy shattered into tiny pieces right before his eyes.

"YOU STUPID CHILD!" Lucius shouted angrily, looking more like a child than Oliver himself. "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'VE DONE!?"

He didn't have a chance to finish his sentence before a voice came from behind him. "GET AWAY FROM MY SON!" Lucius quickly turned around, only to be punched in the face by Oliver's mother.

Oliver suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder, and he turned to see Lupin's familiar face. The rest of the Order had arrived and instantly engaged the Death Eaters, beginning an intense battle.

"Get everyone out of here!" Lupin shouted.

Oliver didn't waste any time at all, quickly running up to his mother and giving her a tight hug. Isabella quickly joined in, and they shared a warm embrace as a group.

"Are you kids okay?" Mrs. Montclair asked in a concerned voice.

"We're okay. We should get you out of here," Oliver said.

Isabella caught a glimpse of Lucius raising his wand at them in the corner of her eye.

"Expelliarmus!" she shouted. Her shout disrupted his cast and caused Lucius to drop his wand.

"Stupefy!" Oliver shouted, sending Lucius flying backward.

"Nice one, kids! I'm very proud of you both!" Mrs. Montclair said sincerely.

"We'll cover you, you make a run for it!" Isabella instructed, gesturing for her to go.

"We'll be right behind you!" Oliver confirmed, casting a spell at a nearby Death Eater.

Mrs. Montclair took a deep breath and started running, but Bellatrix suddenly appeared out of nowhere, blocking her way. With a sinister smile on her face, Oliver and Isabella looked on in horror as she uttered the most unforgivable spell known to man, "AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Oliver's eyes widened in horror as he watched his mother collapse to the ground, having been hit with the curse. He felt an overwhelming sense of pain and sadness as he realized that there was nothing he could do to save her, despite how hard he had tried. As he watched his mother take her final breath, he felt completely devastated.

He'd seen people die before, but this was his mother. He'd always thought that she'd be around forever, guiding him and protecting him. But now, that was gone, taken away from him in the blink of an eye.

"MOM!" Isabella screamed, her voice filled with a heartbreaking cry as she ran over to her dead mother.

Lupin grabbed Oliver just in time, pulling him away as he was about to join Isabella by her mother's side. "I'm so sorry, Oliver, but we need to get everyone out of here immediately."

Oliver stood there in a complete daze, staring at the heartbreaking scene of his sobbing little sister clutching the lifeless body of his mother. He could feel his own tears beginning to well up as memories of his childhood and all the times his mother had supported, cared for, and encouraged him flooded his mind.

Lupin held him back tightly, not letting him go toward his little sister and his mother. Oliver felt as if his heart was completely broken and shattered.

He felt pure, unbridled rage coursing through his veins as he watched Bellatrix leave the room with a devious, arrogant smile on her face.  All the anger and hate that he had been holding back until this very moment suddenly erupted out of him. He wanted to go after her and make her pay for everything she had done.

"GET OFF ME!" Oliver yelled, fighting to escape Lupin's grasp.

"We need to go now!" Lupin responded, trying to pull Oliver.

"I SAID GET THE HELL OFF ME!" Oliver shouted as he turned around and punched Lupin in the face.

As Lupin hit the ground, Oliver was filled with a bloodthirsty rage that could not be controlled. He took off in a dead sprint after her, hell-bent on making her pay for all the damage she had done to his family. He was completely fixated on this goal, and he was not going to let her escape!