Responsibility

As the day unfolded, Oliver geared up for another magical session. Today's spell? The elusive Patronus charm, a task that promised to push the students beyond their magical comfort zones.

"Close your eyes and dive into that moment of pure joy, that memory that feels like a burst of sunshine on a gloomy day. Let it wash over you, let it become a part of you," Oliver instructed.

The students enthusiastically attempted to summon their Patronuses. It was a scene of animated chaos, each student wrestling with the intangible forces of magic. Some wore expressions of intense concentration, while others exchanged puzzled glances.

Oliver weaved through the sea of determined faces. His eyes, filled with understanding, observed the struggles of each wizard.

Amidst the magical fumbles and enthusiastic wand movements, Oliver remained a beacon of encouragement. "Don't be disheartened. Even the most seasoned wizards stumbled when learning this. Keep at it, and soon you'll be conjuring Patronuses like it's second nature," he assured.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a burst of magical energy successfully shaping into a Patronus. A grin spread across Oliver's face as he swiftly made his way to Isabella.

"Isabella, that was absolutely fantastic!" Oliver exclaimed, wrapping her in a tight hug that radiated pride. The room echoed with cheers and applause from fellow classmates, acknowledging Isabella's accomplishment.

Energized by Isabella's success, Oliver turned his attention to Luna, who appeared lost in her own thoughts. With a smile, he waved a hand in front of her face, breaking the daydream.

"Focus, Luna," Oliver urged, his voice carrying a touch of patience. As Luna shook off the distraction, Oliver offered guidance, "Your Patronus can only protect you as long as you're focused."

Oliver walked over and noticed that Hermione had also successfully cast the charm.

"Amazing, babe!" Oliver exclaimed, leaning in to give her a passionate kiss.

Satisfied with Hermione's accomplishment, Oliver then turned his attention to Neville, who was still struggling to conjure his Patronus.

"Expecto Patronum!" Neville shouted with determination, but nothing happened.

Neville put his head down in disappointment. "I'm really trying, Oliver."

"I know, Neville, and I'm proud of you. Don't give up, keep trying!" Oliver said, placing an encouraging hand on Neville's shoulder.

On the other side of the room, Oliver noticed that Ron had also successfully cast the charm.

"This is really advanced stuff, guys. You're all doing so well. I am beyond proud of each and every one of you!" Oliver exclaimed, a huge smile spreading across his face.

The once happy and encouraging atmosphere was suddenly interrupted by a loud thud, followed by the room shaking.

Oliver stood, perplexed about what was happening. Another deafening thud reverberated through the space shortly after.

A third resounding thud mercilessly shattered the mirrors adorning the wall. Oliver's instincts kicked in, and he noticed a gaping hole in the otherwise unblemished surface. Slowly and cautiously, he approached, extending his hand in a gesture to signal everyone to stay back.

Peeping through the hole, Oliver's eyes widened as he caught sight of Umbridge on the other side.

"I'll make short work of this," she declared, brandishing her wand menacingly toward the wall.

Before Oliver could react, the entire wall exploded, sending him flying backward and burying him under a heap of rubble.

Struggling to free himself from the debris, Oliver's heart sank as he glimpsed Umbridge, accompanied by Cornelius Fudge, standing just outside the room.

In a sudden and aggressive move, Malfoy emerged, forcefully pulling Cho in front of them. "Come here, you."

Oliver couldn't believe his eyes. Did Cho betray them?

"Get them!" Umbridge commanded, her tone laced with disdain and authority.

The prefects swiftly seized everyone inside the room.With a firm grip, Umbridge dragged Oliver and Cho toward Dumbledore's office, while the remaining students were ushered to Umbridge's own office.

"I've been watching them for weeks. And look at this, Dumbledore's Army!" Umbridge exclaimed, handing Fudge the parchment that boldly displayed the name "Dumbledore's Army," accompanied by a list of their names.

As they entered Dumbledore's office, he sat calmly atop his desk, an air of unwavering confidence surrounding him.

"All your nonsense about You-Know-Who never fooled us for a minute. We saw through your lies, recognizing them for exactly what they were. A smoke screen for your bid to seize control of the Ministry!" Umbridge declared, her voice dripping with disdain.

"Naturally," Dumbledore responded with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"You've got it all wrong!" Oliver interjected, unable to hold back any longer. "Dumbledore had nothing to do with this. It was all me."

"Most noble of you, Oliver, to try and shield me," Dumbledore began, his voice filled with gratitude, "but, as it has been pointed out, the parchment clearly says 'Dumbledore's Army,' not 'Montclair's.'"

"But-"

"I instructed Oliver to form this organization," Dumbledore interrupted, his authoritative tone cutting through the air, "I and I alone am responsible for it's activities."

The room fell into a heavy silence, each person trying to process the weight of Dumbledore's words.

"Dispatch an owl to the Daily Prophet. If we hurry, we could get this story out by tomorrow morning," Fudge instructed. "As for you, Dumbledore, you will be escorted to Azkaban and await trial for conspiracy and sedition."

"I thought we might encounter this little snag," Dumbledore calmly responded, rising from his desk. "You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I will... What was the phrase? 'Come quietly'?"

"Take him!" Umbridge shouted.

With a wink, Dumbledore glanced at Oliver before clapping his hands sharply. In an instant, he disappeared, leaving behind a room full of stunned and bewildered onlookers.

Oliver stood there, eyes wide with pure awe, as Dumbledore seemingly vanished into thin air.

Umbridge let out a frustrated scream before storming out of the room in a huff. Fudge hastily followed, surrounding himself with his loyal ministry goons.

Feeling a mix of emotions, Oliver turned to look at Cho, who wore a mask of sadness on her face. Disappointment weighed heavily on his heart,  Without saying a word, Oliver shook his head before quietly leaving the room.

As he walked away, thoughts swirled in his mind. Their fight was far from over, but with Dumbledore's disappearance, the path ahead became even more treacherous.