All this caused by Nemona

Alain alone in his hotel room, spent a lot of time in his head pondering over everything. He was incredibly disappointed that he had lost to Nemona.

No amount of  consoling , or congratulations for being so strong from Mairin could take him out of his state. In Alain's eyes, he was a failure. He had blown up on Mairin and had stormed away, before the duo left Paldea.

Mairin had sat in her hotel room for a little bit, staring at the wall, or the ceiling, or whichever piece of furniture caught his eye after the previous. Eventually, An ad for Kitakami and it's festival came on the tv and Mairin decided she and Alain needed a change of scenery.

The streets were empty, leaving only Mairin and the lamplight glow to keep her company. Mairin walked to the edge of the city by the boardwalk. It was usually busy on days like this, but the mask festival left it mostly empty.

Mairin walked down the boardwalk and up the stair towards Kitakami hall. She began to think about her situation. She had been traveling for five years, and made it through at least two regions. Countless gym badges and battles fought. How much more would it take?

Mairin stopped and took a seat on the stairs. She looked out to the city below and the night sky above her. She wished that the stars would align for her someday, that she'd be strong enough. Mairin sighed, wondering how much more it would take.

Mairin sat there for a few hours, taking in the night sky, and thinking about what she'd do next. Something then caught her eye, a Pokémon it was being attacked by three other Pokémon, a dog looking one, a bird and a monkey. Mairin ran towards the Pokémon, Charizard X suddenly threw the three Pokémon known as the Loyal three off him, the three Pokémon ran away.

Mairin snapped back to reality. Her eyes met Alain's, he seemed mad, Mairin began to tear up. To her surprise Alain hugged her, Mairin looked up at him, " I'm sorry for everything " Alain said, " I-it's ok" Mairin replied, she looked and saw a poster of Leon and a giant Charizard?.

Mairin pointed to the poster, Alain returning Charizard to it's ball turned to see what she was pointing at, " Looks like we have a detour before we return to Kalos" Alain said, Mairin nodded.