Turffield challenge

"I'm sure you'll be fine," Mairin says.

Alain relaxes, "I surely hope so..."

"Wooooo!"

Alain and Mairin look ahead to see a Wooloo running toward them.

"A Wooloo?" Alain asks.

"Why is it charging?" Mairin asks.

The two friends look at each other and nod their heads. They then each toss a Poké Ball.

"Go, Scorbunny, use Ember!"

"Sobble, Water Gun!"

Both Pokémon appear from red energies.

"Scor!" Scorbunny shoots a series of fireballs from its mouth.

"Sobbl!" Sobble shoots a stream of water from its mouth.

Both attacks meet on the ground, creating a small explosion, a couple feet in front of the running Wooloo.

"Wooo....!" Wooloo comes to a sudden stop, as the smoke from the explosion dissipates.

Alain and Mairin stand behind their Pokémon, in front of Wooloo, as it exhales.

"So, has it calmed down?" Mairin asks, with a hand on her hip.

"Thank you, thank you, very much," a man wearing a green jacket runs toward the group, patting heavily.

"It's nothing..." Alain starts, as the man stops next to Wooloo, bends over and tries to catch his breath. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just need a minute," the man waves a hand.

"So, are you this Wooloo's Trainer?" Mairin asks.

"Oh no, technically it belongs to the Stadium," the man straightens up, revealing that beneath his jacket is a Gym Uniform.

"That uniform?" Victor realizes. "Are you a Gym Trainer?"

"That's right," the man smiles. "My name is Mark, and I only recently started my training."

"What's a Gym Trainer?" Mairin asks.

"Gym Trainers work and train under a Gym Leader," Alain explains. "I heard they are often responsible for upkeep of the Gyms, or I guess in Galar, that would be Stadiums."

"That's right on all accounts," Mark starts, rubbing the back of his head. "Although, like I said, I'm just a rookie, so I was given the job of taking the flock of Wooloo out for grazing. But then this one got spooked and ran away."

"So that's what happened."

Milo approaches the group, "It's happened, and no one was hurt, that's what matters." Milo then notices the two young Trainers. "And what do we have here? Oh, I remember you."

"Y-You do, sir...?" Alain nervously responds.

"Please, just call me Milo. And yes, I remember you, you were one of the Gym Challengers at the opening ceremony. Am I right to guess that you're planning on challenging me today?"

"Hum, yes, sir, I mean, Milo," Alain answers.

"Marvelous," Milo says, before turning slightly. "Mark and I must return all the Wooloo to the Stadium, and there are other preparations, so how about I go ahead and schedule our match for an hour from now?"

"Yes, that would be good, Milo," Alain says.

"Great," Milo smiles, then turns. "Until then. Bye."

Milo waves, as he starts to walk away, with Wooloo and Mark walking with him.