Opal Encounter

( Hi everyone just putting this here for those who are confused. Alain has his known Pokémon and he's rotating them except for Charizard that's why he has a Weevile in one chapter and a Scorbunny in the next if that makes any sense anyway enjoy the story )

Rookidee flies high in the air before lowering itself down past Alain, who watches it, as Scorbunny and Sobble are balancing themselves on top of a Practice Ball toy, with Chespin watching them happily.

Several feet away from the group are two camp tents, with a pot over a fire to the side, as Mairin uses a large spoon to pour some of the contents of the pot onto one of two plates she is holding.

Scorbunny and Sobble continue to balance themselves on the Practice Ball, before Scorbunny falls off the side of the ball, as Sobble holds onto it tightly. After a few seconds, Scorbunny starts laughing, with Sobble smiling.

Mairin sets the two plates, both covered in dark colored curry, with a pair of spoons on both, on a small, collapsible table, which has a chair on two sides, "Okay, everyone, lunch is ready."

Alain and the four Pokémon make their ways over to Mairin and the table.

"I wish you let me help, Mairin," Alain says, as Scorbunny jumps onto one chair, with Rookidee lands on the chair's back.

"No need, I was able to follow my mother's recipe to the letter and she made the best curry," Mairin responds, as Sobble and Chespin jump onto the other chair.

"Ches-pin"

"Sobbl."

"Of course there's enough for everyone," Mairin says, before she grabs two spoon from the nearest plate, which both have some curry on them.

Alain, having picked up the two spoons from the other plate, with curry on them both, and looked at his Pokémon, "Here you go."

Both Trainers spoon feed their Pokémon, which suddenly their eyes go wide, before they lower their heads with a dark aura around them, to their Trainers' surprise.

"What's wrong, Sobble, Chesie?" Mairin asks.

"Sobb..."

"Ches..."

"Scorbunny, Rookidee, are you okay?" Alain asks.

"Sco..."

"Dee..."

"I don't get it..." Mairin places a hand on her hip.

"Could it be the curry?" Alain picks up another spoonful of curry.

"It can't be, I follow my mom's recipe," Mairin picks up a spoonful of curry and then places it in her mouth.

Alain places his piece of curry into his mouth, followed by both go wide-eyed and then lower their heads with a dark aura around them.

"You... sure this was right...?" Alain asks.

"Yeah... I watched my mom make it... a bought of times..." Mairin answers.

Alain shakes his head, with the dark aura dissipates, before looks over to his friend, "Wait, 'watched'? You never actually cooked it before?"

Mairin looks over to him, as her dark aura vanishes, "No, but I figured how hard can it be?"

"Oh... I see..." Alain says, with a sweat drop.

Not too far away on Route 3, a young man is picking a Berry Sweet from a tree branch. The young man smells the Sweet before commenting, "It has a lovely fragrance, but no... I don't think it a proper match for you." He starts to turn to the side, "What do you think...?"