Next day

At the Budew Drop Inn, the sun shines through one of its rooms, as Mairin, standing in the center of the room, stretching her arms.

With a heavy sigh, Mairin looks over to her bed, with Sobble, Chespin and Dottler lying at it, "So guys, ready for a new day?"

" Ches"

"Sobbl."

"Dot-er."

All three Pokémon respond with happy expressions, before Sobble looks to the side, crawls off the bed and jumps up to grab onto the windowsill.

"Sobbl..."

"What is it, Sobble?" Mairin walks over to the window to see at the outside battlefield Alain is calling out something as his recently caught Scorbunny jumps up and bounces off a tree, Dodging Charizard and it's fire from its mouth. "Didn't know Alain was the type to wake up early to train."

"Sobbl..." Sobble is having trouble keeping its hold on the windowsill.

Mairin picks up Sobble, holding it in her arm, "Let's find Hop and Gloria and join them."

"Sobbl," Sobble smiles.

Mairin turns to face Dottler, walking to the corner of the bed, closing its, happily, "Dot-er."

Outside, Alain holds up a fist, "Alright, Scorbunny, now runs up the tree and jumps off!"

"Scor!" Scorbunny runs up the side of a tree and then bounces off. "Scor!"

"Follows up with Ember!" Alain instructs.

"Scor!" Scorbunny, in midair, starts shooting a series of small fireballs from its mouth, hitting the ground, before it lands.

"Alright, good job, Scorbunny," Alain says returning Charizard to his ball.

"Scor!" Scorbunny turns, runs, and jumps into Alain's arms.

As the two hug, Mairin walks up to them, "Look like Scorbunny's getting stronger."

"Oh, yeah, I wanted to get some training in this morning," Alain turns to see her. "So is Hop and Gloria still asleep?"

" either was in theor rooms, I assumed they were out here too," Mairin explains, as a man exits the inn behind them.

"I hadn't seen them since last night," Alain says.

"Scor?" Scorbunny tilts its head, while in Alain's arms.

"Excuse me," the man approaches the two Trainers, with Mairin turning to face him. "Are you two, Alain and Mairin?"

"Hum, yes, we are," Mairin responds.

"A very excitable kid asked me to give this to you two," the man hands Alain a folded up letter.

As the man turns to leave, Alain flips the letter open and starts reading, "'Hey, Alain, Mairin, I'm too excited to start my way to the League Champion to wait so I left as early as I can. I'll catch ya' both, later. Bye. Future League Champion, Hop.'"

Mairin sighs, "Unbelievable, but also totally believable."

Alain smiles, "Yeah, I'm kind of surprised he didn't leave as soon as the ceremony last night ends."

The two Trainers start laughing.

" Guessing Gloria did the same " Mairin says.

" Most likely" Alain says,

Alain and Mairin are walking through a street.

"So I guess you'll be heading to Turffield, right?" Mairin asks.

"Hum, yeah, that's the first Gym I have to challenge..." Alain looks down for a moment, before looking over to his friend, Mairin takes a few steps before falling over. Within a few moments, Alain and Mairin start to turn a corner.

Then a pair of wings stretch high into the sky.

"Wait, is that a Corviknight?" Alain looks ahead.

"No... it is not..." Mairin responds.

"Rooooki... deeeee!" a Rookiedee quickly starts to flap its wings, as its claws hold onto a Flying Taxi cab, but is unable to lift or move it any.

In front of the cab is a taxi driver, standing next to his Corviknight, "That's not gonna happen..."

"Knigh..."

Alain's Rotom Phone flies up and floats in front of its Trainer, "Rookidee, the Tiny Bird Pokémon, jumping nimbly about, this small-bodied Pokémon takes advantage of even the slightest opportunity to disorient larger Pokémon."

The Rotom Phone then levitates slightly to Alain's side, "Corviknight, the Raven Pokémon, with their great intellect and flying skills, these Pokémon very successfully act as the Galar region's airborne taxi service."

Alain grabs his Rotom Phone and holds it down, "So that's a Corviknight..."

"Rooooki... deeee..." the Rookidee continues to flap its wings, before start to slow and then collapses on the top of the cab, breathing heavily.

"I told you, it's not gonna happen," the taxi driver says.

"Excuse me," Mairin starts as she and Alain walk over. "But what is going on with that Rookidee?"

"Oh, well, this Rookidee has its heart set on its dream," the driver scratches the top of his head. "It wants to fly for Flying Taxi."

Alain looks at the Rookidee breathing heavily, "Then why don't you catch it and train it to fly the Taxi?"

"It's not that simple," the driver starts. "When a new taxi driver starts his training, he choose a Rookidee from a flock that is specifically raised by a Breeder to fly for Flying Taxi, and then they train and learn together." He looks to his partner. "This Corviknight evolved from the Rookidee I chose."

"Knigh! Knigh!" Corviknight proudly calls out.

"But this Rookidee, it's wild and wasn't trained to fly for Flying Taxi," the driver continues. "But it just refused to give up. It is determined to follow its dream."

"Which is just ridiculous."

As Rookidee looks up, Alain and Mairin turn to see Bede walking toward them.

"Bede, I thought you would've left by now," Mairin says.

"I had a very important meeting with the Chairman," Bede responds, ignoring Mairin fuming. "

"What did you mean by 'ridiculous'?" Alain asks.

Bede grins, "Just like I said, that Rookidee should recognize its limits and its dream is beyond its capability, especially when it so small and weak."

Rookidee, having listened to Bede, suddenly jumps of the cab and flies away, "Rooki!"

Bede grins again, "I guess it couldn't handle the truth."

"Are you always this much of an ass," Alain starts, causing Bede to look over to him, with Alain facing him. "Anyone can follow their dream, even that Rookidee."

Alain then start to run in the same direction as Rookidee, with Mairin reaches out for him, "Alain!"

"He is also ridiculous," Bede says.

"What's your problem, don't you have a dream you are following?" Mairin asks.

"I'm not weak like your friend or that small Rookidee," Bede says, before he turns away and walks away.

"Atleast Alain is something you'll never be " Mairin says, " a Champion" She then runs off after Alain.