Bede

Further within the mine, Bede picks up a Wishing Star, a strange, purple roundish object with red highlights, as he smiles, "Just what the Chairman requires."

"I'm glad everything worked out," Alain is heard saying, as Bede places the Wishing Star into his bag and turns to see Alain and Mairin approaching him.

"Still wasting time," Bede says.

"Are you still here?" Gloria asks. "I thought you won't let anything slow you down during your Gym Challenge?"

"I will reach the top of the Galar League," Bede says, before he starts to wave his hand. "But I also have other duties that are more important than helping out some nobody with an unruly Pokémon."

"How can you talk like that?" Alain starts. "Helping people isn't necessary, but it's still something that everybody should do."

Bede clenches a fist, "Helping someone who doesn't matter will get you nowhere." He then holds up a Poké Ball. "And I will prove it here and now, because while you help people, I work to get stronger."

Bede throws the Poké Ball, which opens and shoots out red energy, which forms Hatenna, "Enna."

Alain holds up his Rotom Phone, "Hatenna, the Calm Pokémon, via the protrusion on its head, it senses other creatures' emotions. If you don't have a calm disposition, it will never warm up to you."

"Sometimes, the only solution is to battle," Mairin says.

"Right," Alain pockets his Rotom Phone and then holds up a Poké Ball, before throwing it. "Go, Scorbunny!"

"Scor!" Scorbunny appears from red energy.

"This shouldn't take long," Bede crosses his arms.

"Don't count on it, Scorbunny, Growl!" Alain calls out.

"Scor!" Scorbunny shouts.

"Too basic, Hatenna, counter with Round," Bede instructs.

"Enna, Enna, Enna," Hatenna starts to sing, crowding out Scorbunny's shouting, before it starts to shiver and holds down its ears.

"Bede's countering Growl with a singing attack," Mairin realizes.

"Scorbunny, block out the singing and jump up!" Alain instructs.

"Scor!" Scorbunny holds down its ears and jumps up.

"Is that the best you can do?" Bede starts. "Hatenna, use Disarming Voice."

"Scorbunny, Ember!"

"Scor!" Scorbunny, still holding down its ears, starts shooting a series of fireballs down.

"Enna," Hatenna jumps up, avoiding the fireballs. "Enna, Enna, Enna!" Now, straight in front of Scorbunny, Hatenna starts singing a loud song, knocking Scorbunny back by the shockwaves.

"Scor!" Scorbunny is slammed hard against a wall, releasing its ears.

"Scorbunny!" Alain calls out.

"Now, let's end this with Confusion," Bede uncrosses his arms, holding out one hand.

"Enna!" Hatenna's body glows brightly, before small orbs shoot from it and hits Scorbunny, before it finishes falling to the ground.

"Scorbunny!" Alain runs over to his Pokémon, before seeing Scorbunny lying on the ground, with its eyes whirling. Alain picks his Pokémon up in his arms, "Scorbunny..."

Bede holds up a Poké Ball, which shoots out a red beam, turning Hatenna into red energy before it falls back into the opening and then closing Poké Ball, "After your appearance at the opening ceremony, I thought you were pathetic. But now..." Bede starts to turn away. "I see you're worse than pathetic."

Alain stands up, with Scorbunny in his arms, as Mairin walks over to him and they watch Bede walking away.

"Are you two okay?" Mairin asks.

"Yeah, I think Scorbunny'll be fine, it just needs to rest for a bit," Alain says, looking at his Pokémon in his arms.

"What about you?" Mairin asks.

"I'm fine, really, I am," Alain looks at Mairin, with a small smile, before looking ahead, at the departing Bede.

" Where do you think your going" Alain says,causing Bede to turn around.

" You want some more ok" Bede says, sending out his Pokemon, Alain sends out Charizard. Who proceeds to sweep Bede's team.

" Told you a he's a Pokémon champion" Mairin says, " something you'll never be"

Both trainers walk away, leaving a seething Bede behind.