Mystery Pokemon

Sonia opens the door to Hop's house, as Yamper runs past her, "Yamp!"

"Look who I found," Sonia says.

Entering after Sonia is Hop, Gloria, and Mairin.

"Mum?" Gloria asks, as the three see Professor Magnolia, Castera, Hop's mom, and Glory, Gloria's mom, all of whom are standing in the center of the living room, with Glory kneeling down to pet Yamper.

Gloria approaches Glory, as she stands back up, "What are you doing here?"

Glory smiles, "There is no way I'll miss this."

"Miss what?" Gloria raises an eyebrow.

Glory then looks past her daughter to see Mairin, "Ah, this must be Alain's friend." She approaches her, as Gloria looks over her shoulder, slightly annoyed. "Mairin right?"

"Hum, yes, ma'am," Mairin nervously answers.

Glory smiles as she tilts her head, "And so polite, too." She then turns to see Hop. "And how Galar's future Champion's doing?"

Hop smiles while holding his arms behind his head, "You know me, I'm doing amazing."

Gloria sighs, "Don't encourage him, mum. Now..." Gloria leans in slightly. "What's going on?!"

At that moment, Alain enters through the still opened door, holding a picnic basket, "Hope I'm not late."

Mairin turns toward Alain, "Alain?"

"You're right on time, " Glory tells her friend.

"That's great, I took the liberty of making some sandwiches," Alain takes a step forward, with Mairin  watching her friend.

"Your sandwiches are always delicious, I hope you make them with your secret ingredients," Glory says, with Mairin looking at her.

"Do you know me to make them with anything else?" Alain  asks, with Mairin looking at him.

"Of course not, and what exactly is your secret ingredients?" Glory asks, with Mairin  looking at her.

"You know I would never tell anyone that," Alain responds, with Mairin  looking at him.

"I know, but I have to ask," Glory says, with Mairin  looking at her.

"Oh, I know," Alain adds, before he and Glory start laughing, with Mairin  sighing.

Suddenly, Professor Magnolia clears her throat, causing everyone in the room, including Yamper, who had been petted by Castera, "Perhaps we should start to explain  why we all are doing here."

"Why are you here?!" Gloria suddenly shouts, before she embarrassed covers her mouth.

Professor Magnolia finishes eating a sandwich, as the entire group seats around a table outside Hop's house, with Yamper eating a berry out of a food bowl.

"Now..." Professor Magnolia wipes some crumbs from the corner of her mouth. "For proper introductions, Alain, Mairin , I am Professor Magnolia, the regional professor, and this is my assistant, Sonia."

"Hiya," Sonia smiles, then looks over to Yamper. "And this is my partner, Yamper."

Yamper looks up from its berry, "Yamp!" It then returns to eating.

"Growing up in Kalos, I'm certain you're aware that Pokémon Professors often give young trainers, once they came of age, their first Pokémon partners," Professor Magnolia continues.

Hop stands up from his seat, "Is that why you are here?!"

Everyone at the table looks at Hop, who smiles slightly and sits back down.