chapter 4 | ʟᴀᴡ

-ᴛʜᴜʀsᴅᴀʏ-
jeongin's pov
'alright class, that's all for today's lecture. you're dismissed.' i closed my computer, excited to head to my next class. partly because i could study my favourite course, but mostly because i could have lessons with seungmin again.

the past few days have been torture with my bruised shoulder, but seungmin checked on me constantly to apply cream as well, and i was grateful for his help. he even told me to not over exert my shoulder, and took things that were out of my reach for me. sometimes i wonder though, why my roommate would spend so much of his time caring for me...

as i finished packing my bag, felix said bye and left with his other friend, changbin. the two looked awfully close, and i can't help but suspect there's something... more between them. i definitely need to ask felix more about them later. i shook my head, smiling to myself as i headed to block a.

'you're hereee!!' seungmin happily exclaimed when he saw me enter the lecture hall.

'i sure am, roomie!' we both burst out laughing at the way i just addressed seungmin. it sounded so weird to call seungmin that.

seungmin patted the seat beside him, urging me to take a seat. it seemed like he was awaiting for me to join him for lessons rather excitedly. i stared at seungmin; his eyes sparkled and he looked like an overjoyed puppy when he laughed like that.

why doesn't he smile more often...

seungmin raised an eyebrow at me, an amused look on his face. 'why, am i really that attractive to look at?' he leaned in closer to my face, and i felt the blush that bloomed on my neck threatening to go to my cheeks. i pushed him away, whining, 'hyung! we're in class!'

'all the more to make you flustered.' seungmin must have noticed how red i was from his teasing, and smirked.

i turned away, not able to look seungmin in the eyes anymore. i rubbed my face with my hands, trying to rub all the redness away.

the professor that just entered cleared his throat and started speaking as we turned our attention to him. 'alright class, welcome to your first law lecture of the year. you guys are sophomores now, one year from being the seniors of this school. i expect proper behaviour from all of you, understand?' the class murmured their agreement. 'and when i teach, i want everyone to listen to me attentively...'

i zoned out soon enough, and my eyes drifting to my fellow classmates in the lecture hall. most of them were already fast sleep on the tables, others absorbed on their computer screens. a girl caught me looking around, and smiled at me. she had long, jet black hair that fell on her shoulders like a fountain, and hints of purple eyeshadow on her eyelids. somehow, she looked different, but looked to be around my age.

i smiled back, and even waved to her. she mouthed a 'hi' to me, and winked as she took out a rubber cockroach.

my eyes widened, wondering what she was about to do next. she pointed to the guy next to her, his drool already pooling on the table. i cringed in disgust, but the girl didn't seem to care. she placed the cockroach on the boy's face, and woke the boy up.

as soon as the boy realised that the horrendous looking insect was on his face, he yelled as he stood up abruptly, his hands swiping at his face as hard as he could.

'WHAT THE FUC-?!' he squirmed around with an alarmed look on his face, yelling once again, 'WHERE IS IT?!'

the girl who pranked him was shaking with loud laughter, and her chair threatened to tip over from her laughing fit. her cheeks were red as her eyes sparkled mischievously. at this point, the entire lecture hall had their eyes fixed on the chaotic duo, glued to the prank unfolding in front of them.