chapter 12 | ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ¹

-ᴡᴇᴅɴᴇsᴅᴀʏ-
seungmin's pov
the snow's falling heavier now, where's my damn winter coat?

'eunchae! have you seen my coa-' i tore my gaze from the frost-covered window only to have something thrown at my face. it slipped to the ground, revealing my sister laughing loudly as she leaned on the door frame.

'KIM SEUNGMIN, i know you came home very late last night, but how could you throw your coat carelessly on the sofa like that?!' eunchae half shouted at me, frowning disapprovingly.

i groaned, picking up my coat and flinging it over my shoulder. 'nuna, i'm sorry but i was really tired yesterday. you know my university isn't that near our house since we moved.'

'we moved here precisely because of how remote it is and when you decided to abandon me and mom to go live in your school dormitory.' my sister exaggerated her words, pouting as she did so.

'you know mom is connected to your dad, who also owns sm. they've got to be away from prying eyes.' she ran her hand through her hair, 'not that he even comes back home nowadays...'

'what? weren't they, like, the super excited ones to live here tog-'

'why are you even here in the first place?' eunchae narrowed her eyes at me, a questioning look on her face as she cut me off.

i shot her a glare for avoiding my question, but still answered her.

'look, it's complicated. can't a brother come see his sister? i can't stay here for long anyway; my finals are coming for me soon.' i looked up to the ceiling, rubbing the spot between my brows.

'you're always welcome to stay here, anytime you like. i'm just worried about you... you always do that when something's bothering you, min.' eunchae uncrossed her arms, walking over to me as she took my hands away from my face and wrapped me in a hug.

'seungmin-ah, i didn't know you still keep the family charm...'

eunchae was twirling the charm that hung from my neck with her fingers as she pulled away, a small smile on her face as she fidgeted with it.

i nodded, 'as much as i hate mom and dad for forcing me into university and away from doing what i really love, i guess a tiny part of me always hoped we could wear it together as a family and link them again.'

'yeah, back when mom and the guy i used to call dad actually spent time with us and understood us.' eunchae spit, harshly letting the charm go slack in her fingers.

i raised my brows, that was a fast change in mood.

'you're still salty about what happened last year.'

'no shit, sherlock.'

eunchae pulled out a chair from under my study desk and sat on it the opposite way, spreading her legs as she slung her arms carelessly on the back of the chair. i sunk onto my soft bed, waiting for eunchae to say something.

'why don't we chat? your class doesn't start until this afternoon anyway.'

'sure, my mind's a mess and it seems i'm not the only one worrying about our family crumbling apart. ...i could also use some of your advice.'

eunchae started cackling, and boy, was i tempted to slam my room door in her face. she could be real caring one moment and then really annoying in the next.

how are siblings so hard to tolerate?

'family later, is this about the boy you're staying with at school?' eunchae said between gasps of laughter, wiggling her brows suggestively. i raised my fist mockingly as i widened my eyes angrily at her, but that didn't stop eunchae from laughing louder.

'LOOK AT THE BLUSH CREEPING ACROSS YOUR FACE!! 귀여워~'

'seriously, eun! stop! how do you know what i'm thinking?!'

'i think i like him but maybe i don't like him, i'm freaking confused and i don't know anymore!!' i shouted again over my sister's laughter.

oh shit.

i dragged my hand down my face as soon as i realized what i just blurted out in front of my sister.

'hold up,-'

'no.' i firmly said, but my sister stared at me agape.

'you're gay?'

a.n.
귀여워
hangul: gwiyeowo
definition: cute

merry christmas‼️🎅 hope y'all have many presents under them christmas trees (if y'all celebrate christmas) 🎊
gsusjdhd there will be a part two for this chapter soon so stay tuned!
before i forget, here's the official update schedule:
case 143 will update every week tuesday and friday from now on 🫶

merry christmas‼️🎅 hope y'all have many presents under them christmas trees (if y'all celebrate christmas) 🎊gsusjdhd there will be a part two for this chapter soon so stay tuned!before i forget, here's the official update schedule:case 143 will ...

minmin 🐶
-𝗷𝗮_𝟯𝗹𝗹𝟯