chapter 13 | ǫᴜᴇᴇʀ? ²

-ᴡᴇᴅɴᴇsᴅᴀʏ-
narrator
'you're gay?'

seungmin shrugged, his body plummeting into his bed, wishing it would just swallow him whole.

'YAH, SEUNGMIN! I THOUGHT YOU WERE ACE!' eunchae shouted, her voice ringing throughout the room.

'man, i don't know.' seungmin talked into the pillow, his words muffled.

'seungmin-ah..' eunchae softened her tone as she gently lifted seungmin up by his shoulders as she kneeled in front of him, a pitiful look on her face.

seungmin's face was flushed, his hair a mess as he tried to run his fingers through it to smooth it out. he looked away, not wanting to be seen like this by his sister.

'min, look at me.' eunchae placed her hands on either side of seungmin's face, turning the boy to face her as she dragged her chair closer to the boy's bed.

'please, dongsaeng. i've known you at least long enough to know this day would eventually come. maybe it's that age you figure out your sexual preferences.'

seungmin groaned, 'could you not say the s-word?! and what do you mean, you knew this day would come??'

'you're so dramatic, as usual.' eunchae leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms as she continued, 'i just mean, people change as they start meeting new people, start liking new people.'

'eunchae! who said i liked that boy?' seungmin narrowed his eyes at his sister.

'what? don't deny it, even if i've not seen the boy you room with, i can literally tell you're crazy in love with him just by the state you're in.' eunchae just acted nonchalantly, waiting for seungmin's rebuttal.

seungmin hesitated for a bit before he finally let out a defeated sigh.

'...maybe i have a small crush on him. but so what? i could still be asexual, right?'

'first, tell me if you've flirted with him. like flirted physically. not just... boring pick-up lines.'

seungmin gave his sister a death glare, slowly sliding away from her into the furthest corner of his bed.

'have you been tracking my every move?'

'what?'

'how'd you even know i did that then??'

'A-HA! SO YOU DID.'

'eun, it was only small touches-'

'just a spark is enough to light a whole fire. and if you sparked the poor boy many times, you gotta be responsible and feed him more. you can't leave his fire to die out, right?' eunchae cut in, staring at seungmin through her eyelashes.

seungmin yawned, 'are we in chemistry class or something? cause shit is far harder to comprehend than school.'

'trust me, once you tell me everything that happened between you two, i'll be able to help better.' a toothy grin formed her face as she spoke, expectant for seungmin's answer.

seungmin glanced sideways at his sister, wondering if she was recording everything he was saying or being serious in helping him.

'i think i just acted on my feelings. like what i wanted to do, you know?' seungmin paused, frowning as he recalled jeongin's burst of frustration and disappointment? at him that day in the bookstore.

'what feelings?'

'just... feelings!'

'describe them!' eunchae laughed, sparkles dancing in her eyes as she shook seungmin's arm a little.