chapter 9 | ᴍᴀᴇ ᴊᴏʜɴsᴏɴ

-ғʀɪᴅᴀʏ-
jeongin's pov
finally, we're nearing the end of the week!!

i'm so relieved; i don't have to walk around with my heavy backpack slung over my shoulders all day long.

it was most annoying, my back injures easily, and putting a heavy load on it was not the smartest choice. only seungmin knows about my back's condition, he was the one that treated them every night since the bullying incident.

i felt a smile form on my face as i recollected the past nights he spent applying ointments on my back; why was he so kind to me?

'ahh, our maknae is smiling dreamily, i wonder what he is thinking about~' felix teased, pulling me out of my train of thoughts. 'or is it a who~'

changbin and seungmin looked at me curiously, and i hurried to say, 'aish, nothing, stop staring at me...'

i could feel my cheeks heating up as seungmin kept his gaze on me a second longer than the others before turning back around.

we were seated at a cafeteria table, enjoying our food as our break time slowly ticks away. i love making conversation, but all i wanted to do was go back to the comfort of my bed and read; i haven't read for days...

changbin and felix excused themselves soon, before the bell rang. i waved bye to them, but not before i shot felix a 'you'd better tell me what's happening between you two later' look.

felix blushed lightly before changbin pulled him away. i watched them disappear through the cafeteria doors, and saw a familiar pair walk in. they headed straight for a corner table as the girl pulled out an ipad and apple pencil from her bag the moment they sat down.

i'd recognize that long, jet black hair anywhere... it was mae johnson, the girl in law class. strangely though, i didn't see her nor her brother at law lectures after the prank she pulled.

i told seungmin to wait for me at the table as i headed to mae's once her brother went to queue for food.

as i approached her table, i caught a glimpse of what she was drawing. it was a very elegant piece; water swirls were wrapped around a woman in a white dress, who looked rather unusual yet graceful, she had scales scattered about her body...

i tapped mae's shoulder, and she turned, swiftly clicking her ipad off, snapping the apple pencil back into place. up close, i could see her sharp features, her eyes were slightly angled up in an almond shape, she had a high nose bridge and a defined jawline.

i quickly introduced myself, 'hey, mae johnson right? i'm yang jeongin, from law class?'

she arched an eyebrow, but quickly grinned, 'oh, the boy who i said hi to before disturbing the professor's interesting lecture.' she patted the space on the bench beside her, and continued as i sat, 'i'm surprised you even remember me though. it's been 2 weeks since i got shifted to another class, they wanted to separate me and my brother.' mae rolled her eyes, before grinning cheekily at me again.

i laughed, 'yeah, i just wanted to say hi. you seem like a fun person.'

she chuckled, 'of course. i mean, look at me man, i'm the definition of fun. i've pranked my brother so many times before, but now i'm looking for new victims for my new tricks.' she continued, 'hey, do you know stray kids?'

i nodded, a questioning look on my face. 'why?'

'nice. don't you think i look similar to one of them, especially with my dark eyeshadow?' she gestured to her eyes, waiting for my response.

i peered at her face, squinting my eyes to catch details of her face and compare them to the members... when i realised with a shock.

was she referring to minho? the really hot dancer?

'lee minho? part of danceracha right?'

mae's eyes gleamed, 'YES. someone finally got it right. minho's my stepbrother, that's why he and i have different surnames. but we strangely look alike, so...' she shrugged, looking down into the ipad's dead screen.

'sooo, if you ever want his autograph or his handphone number, you can ask me!' mae winked, proudly putting her hands on her hips.

i laughed, 'i can't believe you're related to an idol though... which academy did he go to when he was training?'

'hmmm, i don't think he went to one, he just started dancing in middle school and became excellent at it once he became an idol.'

'ooh, that's amazing!'

'yep, it is. oh, i see my other brother coming back. i'll see around school then?' mae smiled warmly as i got up to leave.

'yep, see you round!' we both waved before i returned back to my table.

seungmin was scrolling his phone, looking pretty bored until he saw me walking back.

he leaned both his elbows on the table with his head in his hands, 'that was an awfully long conversation you had there with the girl.'

'mhm, it's mae, initially from our law class. i just said hi, and she told me a load of things about herself.' i paused before excitedly continuing, 'did you know she's lee minho's stepsister?!'

seungmin nodded, seemingly unsurprised. 'i pretty much figured it out since day 1.'

'why didn't you tell me?! you know i love stray kids!'

seungmin laughed loudly, a few heads turning in our direction. 'i mean, it is pretty obvious. it's the difference in surname that makes people uncertain about their relationship.'

'ugh, damn you for being so smart.' i said jokingly, not before adding a laugh.

seungmin just looked at me amusedly.

i ignored his look, checking the time on my phone.

'SHIT. it's 1 already!! let's go, hyung!' i urged him to be faster as i had something planned in mind for the rest of our afternoon.

'wait, what?? where are we going? aren't w-' i grabbed my leftover sandwich and stuffed it in seungmin's mouth before he could ask anymore questions.

'mmf!! yan yeonin, vhaf de fhuf!' seungmin glared at me, his words muffled by the bigass sandwich he was struggling to chew.

i smirked, grabbing my jacket and rushed out of the cafeteria as i shouted over my shoulder, 'better catch up, seungmin!!'

a.n.
don't forget to vote! share this story with others if you can, tysm ❤️🔥

:p
-𝗷𝗮_𝟯𝗹𝗹𝟯