chapter 7 | ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏᴄᴀʟs

-ғʀɪᴅᴀʏ-
narrator
seungmin had something planned for his roommate today, after hearing that jeongin took vocal lessons at their university. he pulled out his phone, staring at the time before deciding he could still make it. his heart started thumping faster the moment he noticed his notifications, betraying his usual calm and cool composure.

jeongin 🦊

hyung
i'm heading for vocal class
my session starts earlier today
i'll be leaving first so don't worry if you don't see me at our dorm
( ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ)

oh
i just woke up
has your lesson started yet

ah hyung you're awake
it's about to
why?
don't you have your own lessons?

i have a surprise for you
just wait for me a bit
don't start without me~

what
wdym??
hyung??
SEUNGMIN DON'T LEAVE ME ON READ

~~~

thankfully, seungmin made it in time for jeongin's vocal session, he was sure he flew up the school steps to the third floor; he couldn't help it, he couldn't afford to miss this precious opportunity he tried so hard to get.

as seungmin eagerly looked through the small transparent pane in the door, he saw jeongin doing some vocal warm ups. he grinned to himself, knowing this session was going to be fun.

'look who's here!!' seungmin shouted, loudly announcing his arrival as he spread his arms wide and walked towards jeongin.

'AH, hyung! what are you doing here?!!' jeongin stared at seungmin with eyes as big as saucers, pressing a finger to his ear as he winced from how loud seungmin was, an unbelieving expression on his face.

'i pulled a few strings to get the same vocal session as you! i wanted to hear you sing, jeongin-ah. i was intrigued when you said you took vocal lessons here.'

'so, you're not actually supposed to be here.' jeongin gave seungmin a side glance as he continued to set up his mic and computer.

'well, yeah... but i wanted to sing with you! all my other vocal partners are boring and they can't match my range. i nearly made it for jype last year too, you know... but nevermind that, let's start our practice!' seungmin awkwardly let the last sentence slip, he hadn't wanted to reveal that to jeongin. he started to rub his neck with his hand, a habit of his since young whenever he was uncomfortable or nervous.

'hold up, what?!! you can't just casually drop bombshells here and there!! you auditioned for jype??' 'what makes you think i can match your range then, seungmin?' jeongin cocked an eyebrow, emphasising seungmin's name, wanting to pressure the other a bit more.

'aish, don't mind what i just said, it doesn't matter now. what song do you want to start with?' seungmin asked brightly, quickly changing the topic, hoping that jeongin would drop the matter.

jeongin decided not to press seungmin anymore and followed suit, and suggested singing 'cover me', a warm and uplifting song, paired with beautifully written lyrics by a k-pop boy group, stray kids.

'ooh, you listen to stray kids??' seungmin curiously asked, wanting to know more about the music jeongin usually listened to.

'yess, of course. they're my ultimate group and the talent they posses is just amazing.'