chapter 16 | ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ¹

-sᴜɴᴅᴀʏ-
narrator
'ugh, these games are starting to get boringgg. what else is there to do~' felix fell back onto the sofa, groaning as he flinged his gaming controller on the ottoman chair beside the coffee table.

jeongin's eyes widened as he saw the controller heading straight for the floor instead. he swiftly bent over, his arm shooting out as his fingertips barely grasped the controller. the upper half of his body bent dangerously low over the coffee table, balancing on the tips of his toes.

'yah! you can't just throw electronics like that! jeongin placed their controllers neatly on the table before plopping down next to felix, who was now scrolling through his phone.

jeongin peeked at felix's dim screen; he was just mindlessly skimming through his feed.

'you're not even looking at the posts, bro.'

'i'm fucking boreddd!'

'aish, don't shout in my ear!'

'now you're the one shouting!'

jeongin yawned in response, flinging his head back against the couch.

the boys had just finished a long week of exams, and decided to reward themselves by gaming the whole morning. they were sprawled on felix's and changbin's dormitory sofa and successfully managed to play every game available on the menu.

an... interesting achievement, considering there were 40+ games to choose from.

they mostly played overcooked 2, but felix got so frustrated at one point, he crushed his can of fizzy drink, and its contents flew everywhere.

changbin wasn't very amused when he woke up to bright orange patches all over the couch, television and books.

felix let out a tiny gasp out of nowhere, eyes widening a little, not believing what he saw on his phone's feed.

it pulled jeongin out of his thoughts as he tilted his head to the side, eyeing felix quizzically.

'YOO, jype is holding auditions for soloists right... here!'

'wait, for real?'

'yeah!!'

'damn.'

felix shoved his phone in the younger's face, raising an eyebrow.

'are you thinking what i'm thinking??'

jeongin winced, pushing felix's arm away as he squeezed one eye shut; the phone's brightness was blinding him.

'what??' he asked, slightly annoyed.

the freckled face boy rolled his eyes, smiling at his clueless friend.

'you've got to go for the audition! your singing is crazy, they'll accept you the moment you sing the first word of any song!!!'

jeongin laughed as he realised what felix was implying, 'ohhh. i doubt so though, as much as i love singing. i don't even know if i can earn much from the art, much less compete with other artists in the k-pop industry...'

felix shook his head, 'you have to have more faith in yourself, i-yen. i overheard your vocal coach complimenting you that day after your evaluation! sounded like a proud dad~'

jeongin elbowed felix, rolling his eyes. 'please, i'll only know if those compliments were genuine after i get back my results.'

'anyway, i still think you'd look amazing as a soloist. i'll send you the post; it has the audition details~'

jeongin flashed a small, lopsided smile at felix, not thinking much of the older's words as he changed the topic.

'hey, it's sunday. we should go to town and have a walk. we should treat ourselves, after all the hard work we've put in this week! the dorm's starting to feel stuffy anyway.'