chapter 19 | sʟᴇᴇᴘ-ʟᴇss

-ᴛᴜᴇsᴅᴀʏ-
seungmin's pov
4 a.m.

i've been awake for 5 hours.

flopping onto my side once again, i turned my back to the moonlit window. the guest room was not furnished with curtains at all, and vast amounts of moonlight flooded the room.

shadows and whispers of night owls were cast onto the walls of my room, not exactly the lullaby i anticipated when i turned in many hours ago.

sitting up, i sighed and ran a hand through my hair. i slumped on my bed, knowing i wouldn't be catching anymore sleep for the rest of the night.

shuffling outside, the corridor was shrouded with shadows. trying not to awaken my dad and the maids' quarters, i crept down the stairs silently, praying they wouldn't hear me.

i'll never hear the end of it if dad finds out i'm losing sleep over a fucking boy.

a boy i never should have laid my hands on.

scanning the fridge, there was all but a jug of milk, in one lonely corner of the shelf.

i leaned against the kitchen counter, gulping down a mugful of milk as my mind whizzed back through last night's events.

"oppa, nice to meet you. i'm not sure about you, but i want to make this marriage work, for the sake of my dad's company. what about you?"

"Marry her, Kim Seungmin!"

"jeongin?!"

frustration washed over me, and i slammed the mug down onto the counter. i couldn't stand the thought of only glimpsing jeongin for barely a second at the restaurant any longer.

i need to see him.

ascending the stairs two at a time, i reached the guest room, flinging its closet doors open. i stuffed whatever clothes i could fit into my suitcase, and threw on a sweater and pants.

'What do you think you're doing, Seungmin?! You can't leave until you marry Wilson's daughter!'

angry bellows boomed through the house and across its foyer; the owner of the noises fuming red on the balcony as i headed for the garage.

doesn't he know how ridiculous he sounds right now?

'i can do whatever i please, dad. i don't like how your bodyguard scared jeongin out of the restaurant, and the way he was glaring at me intently whenever i made a move. why don't you let that bodyguard marry the girl? he seemed more interested in her than me!' i yelled back, barely restraining myself from bitching out entirely.

i slammed my car door shut, just as my dad sent the very bodyguard i mentioned, after me.

cumern, was it?

cumern pounded his fists on my window relentlessly, shouting words parents would probably have fainted upon hearing. ignoring the bodyguard, i reversed out of the garage, nearly crushing him into the wall.

i'm feeling... rather playful tonight.

i winked, and blew him a kiss in my fender mirror. turning onto the road, i set my GPS for the city.

~~~

i'm nearing the outskirts of the very town we had dinner at...

slowing down, i glanced at my rearview mirror for the millionth time, anxious that i may have missed him. like last time, he probably wouldn't have gone back to the dorm. he probably would be outside, wandering around, looking like a depressed blob of human.