Teddy bear

Thompson's Point of View

I'm trying to do a research on how to improve our products from the company. It's actually late at night and I think Chirochi's already asleep.

But that's what I thought when he came to sneak up on me.

"Tomo-kun come on, let's go to bed."

He never liked it when he doesn't sleep next to me.

"I'll be there in a minute. You could just hug your bear for a wee bit."

"But it's you that I want."

That made me think for a while. What was missing?

"That's it!"

So I told Chirochi to join me at a conference today for a special meeting I told my boss for some presentation of mine. He'll be our guest but he won't speak. I just want him sitting there.

"May I introduce our guest for today. This is Kichirou Summers, my roommate. He's currently working at the Bank of the United located in front of the company building. What I like to talk to you with is that Chiro and I are actually partners."

I looked at Chiro and it seems like he was blushing and almost embarrassed.

"I never knew you were gay, Mr. Avery."

I just smiled back at my boss.

"Carry on."

Only few of my co-work know about us so some of my observers were actually shocked to hear the news. But anyway, this isn't about our relationship.

"We almost cuddle every night and when I will not be home for some reason or sleep right next to him at night, he'll just pick one of the hundred teddy bears I sent him from the company to cuddle."

I can see my boss smiling slightly.

"But he doesn't like them."

Somehow, that smile simultaneously turned into a questioning frown.

Suddenly, everyone at the conference were looking at Chiro whispering something from each other. I should've not said that in a manner. Now, I became nervous for Chirochi.

"Here is what I got from him last night while I'm doing my own research."

My boss nodded at me.

"He said that they're cute, furry but never made him sneeze, they're really cuddly and soft actually. But what was missing was the feeling as if I was there."

Everyone fell silent in the conference room. I'm quite nervous now.

"So my point here is that we should put more essence on our bears so that our clients think of them as their love ones as they cuddle them when they sleep. In order to lessen the melancholic feeling they have for missing someone."

I looked at Chiro. I'm actually sweating now. But he approved what I'm doing by giving me a thumbs up.

"We should improve our plush by making them feel like an actual person. As if to make our clients think that they're actually hugging someone else... That's all."

I mean, that's just it.

"Brilliant!"

It took a brief moment before my boss could ever yell that.

"A teddy bear for our clients so they won't miss someone."

I smiled and looked at Chiro as he also smiles.

"I like that. That's the purpose why we have teddy bears, right? To keep us accompanied so that we won't miss anyone and protect us from scary monsters under the bed."

Some of my co-workers laughed.

"I have but one question, Mr. Avery."

"Ahh, yes, Sir?"

Here it goes.

"How are we suppose to make them feel like they're hugging someone else?"

Gulp. I never thought of that.

"Maybe more stuffing and longer limbs?"

He laughed.

"That's what I like about you Mr. Avery. You're full of great ideas. And every company needs them. But we need a concrete answer on how to improve our products here. Thank you for the wonderful conference. I guess, we'll just take care of the rest for now. Congratulations Mr. Avery and to you too, Mr. Summers."

"Thank you, Sir."

After work, we both went home by my car.

"What was that for?"

"What?"

Chiro started to ask me questions.

"Why did you just say I didn't like their bears? Of course I love them. They probably hated me back there."

"Chirochi, they loved you. Because of you, now they had an idea how to improve our bears. Anyway, it was done well."

"I'm still mad at you for telling them I don't like their plush toys..."

He pouted and crossed his arms. I slowed down the car and kissed him.

"Thank you for that conference and I promise you from now on, I'll be your teddy bear every night."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

"Every single night?"

He's so cute when he's acting like a child. I pulled him towards me so I could kiss him on the head.

"Yep. Every single night."