His mom

Thompson's Point of View

Chiro visits her mom once or twice a month. This was the first time he ever invited me to go with him. I barely know his mom but Chiro always told me that she was a great fan of mine.

"Oh, Chiro-kun... I never expected you to come."

"Mom, I sent you a message."

His mom speaks so softly.

"I didn't receive any messages... oh wait."

She looks at her phone.

"I guess I missed it. Luckily I just cleaned the house. Come in."

The house Chiro bought was actually larger than I expected. It's simple but still it surely has some large space.

He also managed to get a house with a guest room. Chiro's so awesome in these situations.

So we're having dinner. Mrs. Summers prepared us lasagna and some garlic breads.

"Mom loves Italian."

I raised my brows at him. I expected something Japanesy like sashimi, tempura, ramen or maybe some miso soup. But instead she prepared us some pasta. It seems like they do not share the same taste when it comes to food.

She's actually good at pasta. Just as how Chiro's so good at anything Japanese.

"Your cooking's so good Mrs. Summers."

"Come on Thompson, you could just call me Natsumi-san. After all, you're like my son's husband."

"Mom."

"What?"

I just laughed. It's just that it's still awkward for Chirochi to call me his husband.

"Well you made a very cute couple. It's just sad I can't have my grandchild."

"Sora can give you one."

"What? She'll get married in 20 years and I'd be dead by then."

Looks like Chad and Natsumi got busy.

"Mom, don't make a joke like that."

"So how's my son-in-law doing?"

"Hey Tomo... Mom's talking to you..."

I'm not actually paying attention. I hear them but I'm just sipping on my soup.

"Oh... Well, I got promoted. Thanks to Chirochi that is."

"That's great. You know, if my son was actually a girl, you could make a great child. Maybe more than ten I guess."

"Mom!"

I got that one.

I just can't help myself from chuckling. His mom's funny.

"Okay, okay.. I won't be telling green jokes anymore."

Chiro actually packed some clothes. We'll be sleeping in tonight at the guest bedroom.

He started hugging me tightly from behind.

"Hey, Tomo-kun... I'm kinda' horny right now."

"What?"

Does he really want to do this at his mom's house?

"How about your mom?"

"Forget about her, she knows we're doing it."

At the end of the day, I thought we're not gonna' do it tonight but he actually insisted to. 

Kichirou's Point of view

"That was great."

So I started wearing my shirt and all.

"You're mom's really supportive on us. I wish my mom would be like her."

"Hey, maybe we should come and visit her."

"Visit my mom?"

"Yeah. It'll be fun. I'll make her one of my stew."

I only met her mom when I was only 16 getting ready for college. I don't know if she knows about us but I guess soon she will.

"Okay... Well, I can't hide you forever.."

Really? She doesn't know for seven years? What kind of a mom doesn't even know what her son's been doing?

But then I guess, they're just not that close. I know Tomo was closer to his father but he's dead now just like my dad since he was just 16 years old.

A month has passed. I packed our bags and then we'll go to Tomo's house to stay for two days. I left Percy to our neighbor.

I hear him on the phone.

"Yeah mom. I-I would like you to meet someone too when I get there. Yeah. Okay, bye."

"You ready?"

He took a deep breath.

"Yeah."

He put his arm on my shoulder.

"Come on. Let's go."

His home was actually in Boise, Idaho so we went to the airport and flew all the way there. It was nearly 4 hours before we could ever arrive in our destination.

"Thompson! You're home!"

"Sarah, hey!"

He hugged his sister. Sarah is Tomo's younger sister. She's a 17-year old brunette. She's in her second year with a course like her brother.

Woah. His house is huge! It's technically a mansion. Three floors, four bedrooms. I mean, his mom and his two sisters are the only ones who live here.

"So how's school?"

"It's good. I have my grades maintain in high scores."

"That's great! Keep it up."

"Ahh.. Who are you with?"

Finally she noticed me.

"Uhmm... That's Chiro.."

I just smiled at her. Suddenly his mom steps out of the castle.

"Thompson."

We went to the dining room for dinner. I'm impressed how they prepared for this evening. Maybe because it's just rare for Tomo to visit here. After all, we just flew on a plane just to get here. 

The long table, the well-dressed sister and mother, the chandelier on top of us sparkling suggesting it has just been dusted. I'm seated next to Tomo-kun, at the head of the table is his mother and opposite to him was his sister.

I'm also excited for the food. There were steak, spaghetti, roasted chicken, mashed potato. It feels like it was thanksgiving already.

"The food looks delicious, Mrs. Avery."

"Well, it tastes better."

She laughed.

"Let's eat!"

I'm not used to multiple forks and table napkins. Tomo instructed me when to use each one of them. According to their names, it's easy to know when to use them already.

"Where's Anna?"

Anna's his older sister. I heard she works as a teacher or something. Tomo said she also visits rarely like him.

"She said she was busy so she can't go home until next week."

His sister said while she wiped a napkin on her lips.

"That's too bad she can't join us."

"Thompson, pass this to Chiro. I'm sure he'll love my mashed potato. You know you're mom and I used to be best buds in high school."

It really looks good and I surely enjoy mashed potato. But I think she still thinks of me as Tomo's friend.

"Actually, there's something I need to tell you about Chirochi..."