Husky

"Hey Chiro. Check this out."

I wasn't paying attention to Tomo. I was working on some finance on my laptop until he came in. I felt something just licked my neck but it's far from Tomo-kun's. So I turned to see what it was.

"It's a dog!.."

Two weeks earlier...

"Hey Chirochi, check out this new plush they released."

Tomo was from work today. I was just having some snack while watching my favorite show. He was excited about their company's new product. They're making dogs this time.

"That's nice."

"I know right? So this one's a husky. They're also making labradors, great danes, German shepherds... Ah-- What's wrong Chirochi?..."

"Nothing... It's just that I had a dog once. I miss him a lot."

Back when I was in sixth grade I had this dog named Toni. He was a golden retriever. I liked it when he lets me rub his tummy or rather his back. I taught him tricks like the basic roll over, sit and the gun shot. He also learned how to fetch. He lasted for about five years until college. He was a great dog. One of the best.

Two weeks later...

I found Tomo holding a box with a small pup in it.

"You bought a husky?"

"Well, I didn't actually bought him. I found him abandoned in an alley somewhere."

I took the dog and examined him. He's actually clean for an abandoned dog in an alley.

"I already took him for a bath. And bought him some collar."

So that's why. I read the name on the collar.

"Percy. What a cute name."

"I knew you'll like him. He actually reminded me of you because of his light blue eyes. I already asked permission if we could keep him in the apartment."

I actually noticed that. He has my sparkling blue eyes.

"I don't really like dogs but... I hope this will cheer you up."

That's so sweet of Tomo-kun.

"What do you mean you don't like him. He likes you."

I lend him the dog and it licked him on the face. Tomo got shocked and fell on his butt dropping the box.

"Chiro!!"

I laughed.

"I'm just messing with you. Thank you for bringing him here."

He smiled and nudge me on the head. And Percy barked once suddenly. I rubbed him behind his ears. I have a sudden feeling he'll be a great dog someday.