A way out.

"I wanna know what's through that door." Thomas began, ever since last night he's told the others about what he'd seen. He was now even more suspicious of this place. "Now, we've been through this you said they were covered up, so you don't know what you saw." Newt spoke up. Minho watching the two, his eyes then wandering back to the girl from yesterday. "Aris and y/n said they bring a new batch every night." Thomas said, which caught Minho's attention.

"Who the hell is Aris and Y/n?" Thomas then points to the two that sat at a table together, once again Minho's eyes land on now know as y/n. "We'll I'm sold." Minho looks back at the group and nods his head, y/n felt familiar to him but why? Who is she?
"Okay well until we know for certain, we should keep our heads down and not draw attention to ourselves." Newt discussed, eyeing Thomas. Thomas slams his hands on the table and walks away. "What is he doing?" Newt asked, mainly rhetorically. "I think he's drawing attention to himself." Frypan said, everyone now looking at Thomas.

Y/n and Aris watched as Thomas quickly stormed off to the guards, Aris nods at y/n giving her the signal. The moment she sees them getting aggressive with Thomas, she quickly stood up and stepped between Thomas and the guard. "What's your problem! Don't you know how to keep your hands to yourself!?" She shouts, shoving the guard back. The guard quickly reacts and grabs her by the forearms and holds her aggressively. "What the hell!? Let go of her." Thomas yells, while being held back by his friends. One of Thomas friends grabs ahold of y/n arms: Minho, she'd learnt everyone's name just last night, thanks to Thomas.

She looks over at him as the guard suddenly lets go of her at the sight of Janson entering the area. She stumbles back into his chest. "Sorry." She mumbled, before standing up straight again. Minho nods, as they watch Thomas and Janson talk. "Thomas, y/n. I thought we could trust each other. You know we're all on the same team here." Janson said, earning a scoff from y/n. "Are we?" Thomas said, standing in front of y/n and the others. Janson stares back at him before looking at the guards. "Get them back to their bunks." And with that, they were all shoved back into their bunks.

"What the hell was that about?" Minho says as the door shuts behind them, everyone surrounding Thomas. "You didn't really think they were just gonna let you through?" Newt then stepped in, moving closer to Thomas. "Of course I didn't. I'm going to find out what's on the other side of that door." Just as Thomas finishes speaking, the vent bursts open with y/n crawling out of it. "Thomas. Boys." She smiles at them, everyone staring at her in confusion. "What the hell?" Frypan said, earning a glare from Minho. "Keycard?" Thomas asked, and y/n hands it to him. Everyone letting out a frustrated groan at Thomas actions and now the new girl.

"Newt, they're hiding something. Okay? These people are not who they say they are." Thomas then looks at everyone, Aris now exiting from the vent. "No, Thomas! You don't know that! The only thing we do know is that they helped rescue us from WCKD. They gave us new clothes, they gave us food, they gave us a proper bed. Some of us haven't had that in a long time." Newt argues. "Yeah but-" Thomas begins to speak but Newt was quick to cut him off. "Some of us a lot longer than others." He spat, the two boys glaring at one another.

"Hey, how about we take it easy yeah? Can't have you guys at another's throat." Y/n says, awkwardly laughing as she grabs Thomas shoulder and pulls him towards Aris. "You and Aris go, I'll stay here with them." She whispered to him, both Thomas and Aris nodding. "All right, look, maybe you guys are right. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I've got to find out for sure. Just cover for me. I'll be back soon." And with that, both Thomas and Aris leave. Meaning y/n was left alone with the group.

After a few minutes of silence, y/n begins to speak up. "I know you guy's probably don't want to hear this from me, but Thomas is right. Ever since I've been here something is definitely wrong." Y/n said, Minho stares at the girl, leaning off from the bed and standing in front of her. "Why are you helping him? I mean us as well." Minho asked, his arms were crossed as he stares at the s/c girl. "Because we need a way out." She said, tilting her head at him.