Escaped WCKD, again.

The group runs through the storm, hiding at the top of a sand hill. "Stay low! Stay low!" Thomas warned, everyone slowly moving down the hill. "Teresa, hang on! Stay together."
"I think we lost them!"
"Watch out, where are we even going?"
"Come on, Aris!"
"There's sand in my eye!"
"Come on! Over here!" Teresa says through the multiple voices speaking all at once, y/n catches up to her and they look at another as they go through the window of a broken building. "Teresa wait!" Thomas and the others says. "Y/n! Stop don't go in there!" Both Minho and Aris yell instead.
"Get down here you wusses!" Y/n yells, the boys now entering.

"Where the hell are we?"
"We gotta go."
"No Thomas! Stop!" Teresa interrupts, clearly confused by this whole situation. Y/n sighs heavily, trying to catch her breath. She kneels on the ground, ignoring everyone as she puts her face into her hands. "Y/n?" A male voice catches her attention, she lifts her head and sees a kneeling Minho in front of her. "You good?" He asked, staring at her with worry? "Fine, I just...need a moment to catch my breath." She says, Minho simply nods and rubs her back comfortably. This feeling? What was this she was feeling...it felt so familiar?

"Wait, Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains, some resistance or army." Aris began to speak. "The Right Arm." Thomas nods knowingly.  "If they're really against WCKD, maybe they can help us." Thomas then adds. "People, In the mountains? Mountain people, that's your plan?" Newt says, seeming a bit annoyed. "If it's our only chance, let's take it." Y/n chimed in, she looks from Minho to the group as she stands up again.

"Guys check this out! Minho give me a light!" Winston called out, Minho rummaged through a bag they stole and pulled out a flashlight. "Someone's been down here."

"Come on, open up." They all open a gate of some store, everyone entering and looking around. "Looks like people lived here."
"More importantly where are they now?" Y/n says, looking back at Thomas who was dusting off a jacket and throwing it on. "Let's pack some of this stuff up, anything we might need." Thomas said, shining his light at everyone.

"We'll split up, see what we find. meet back here." And with that everyone dispersed, half the group staying back while Thomas, Minho and y/n went somewhere else. While they entered a different area, scavenging around, y/n was putting on a black zip up jacket. "Thomas?" Minho began to speak, while Thomas was preoccupied with something else. "All those kids we left behind back there, i don't want to end up like that." Minho says, his face serious with a bit of pain filling his eyes. Thomas says nothing.

"Hey. Do you hear me?" He flashes his light at Thomas, earning a nod. "I hear you."
"Don't worry Minho, ill be here for you." Y/n walks up to them, a soft smile displayed as she puts her hand on his shoulder. "I won't let anything bad happen to you." She then mumbled, only loud enough for him to hear. There was something about Minho, she wanted to protect him with all her heart and strength, a feeling...a feeling she'd lose him...again?

Minho smiles at the girl as she walks away, his heart fluttering in a way. He couldn't shake off this feeling about her, he knew her, he knows it. But who was she to him? Why does his heart ache when he sees her, why does he become flustered every time she touches him, her touch was loving and caring. He wanted to hold her in his arms forever, even though he barely just met the girl he can't shake off this feeling of love, guilt. He wanted to protect her, protect her from WCKD. He was never leaving her side again...Again?

"Now what are we looking for out here?" Minho then asked, as he began to look around. "For any signs of life, people, survivors. Anyone who can help us." Thomas said, y/n suddenly stops with her light on a some person with their head covered by a sack.

"Uhm does he count?" She says, both Thomas and Minho looking her way. Minho then looks at the light on the side table and tries to turn it on. "They had power." Minho noted aloud, they all look at the power box now following its cord. "This place is creepy...I don't have a good feeling about this." Y/n said, crouching on the ground next to Thomas as they took notice of what seemed to be a sleeping bag and a stuffed toy. "This looks promising." Minho said, Thomas quickly turned around and stood back up along with y/n.

"Hey, Minho wait!" Slowly the power turns back on, a smile on Minho's face for a split second before it dropped. "Watch out!" He shouts, a girl running towards the gate and slamming against it. Both Thomas and y/n quickly back up, y/n letting out a loud gasp. "Her eyes!" Y/n covers her mouth, the girls eyes were gauged out. Suddenly a guy appears from behind them, his eyes were also gone. "What the fuck!" Y/n yells. "Cranks!" She then shouted as it ran towards them, Minho pushes y/n and Thomas back and grabs a pole from the ground smashing it against the cranks head. "Gotta move, gotta move!" Thomas yells. The three of them starting to run back to the door and slamming it shut. "Hold it down!" Minho shouted, as he runs to the other side of a cabinet. "What are you doing?" Both y/n and Thomas say in unison. "Watch out!" Minho yells, pushing the cabinet down and Thomas and y/n move out of the way.

They all then start to run away, shouting and screaming. "I told you guys I didn't have a good feeling about this!" Y/n yells, as they all run up the escalator. Minho by her side shouting, "Shut up and keeping running shuck face!" The other 6 were all waiting with confusion. "What's going on?" Winston asked, Newt shrugging. "I don't know." Suddenly they hear the group of three screaming and shouting. "HEY! RUN!" Everyone then watched as they came closer, starting to run as they seen the cranks.  The group now running up an escalator, Minho grabs ahold of y/n's arm as he sees her fall slightly behind on the escalator. They make it to the next floor, another crank appearing, the group halts whilst Aris brings up his bat. "Aris!" Y/n shouts, along with Thomas. Aris swings his bat at the crank and hits it in the legs, making it slide across the ground. The crank on the floor then goes after Thomas and Teresa. "Go around!" Thomas instructed as the others were getting chased by another herd of cranks.

While Thomas and Teresa were going around, the others found another escalator to go up. As they got closer to it y/n suddenly gets tackled by a crank. "Get off!" Y/n shouted, rolling to her back and struggling to push the crank off of her as it continued to try and bite her. "Y/n!" Aris shouts, going to swing his bat before Minho runs past him grabbing the crank and punching it. Aris goes to y/n and helps her up.

"Minho! Let's go!" Y/n yells as she stood back up, grabbing him by his bag and pulling him. Everyone then caught up with Thomas and Teresa, running faster then ever. "We gotta find a way out of here!" Frypan yelled, suddenly glass breaks and everyone sees Newt being tackled to the ground by a crank. "Newt!" Thomas runs back to Newt and kicks the crank off of him, helping Newt back up. "Thanks Tommy!" Everyone starting to run again, Minho leading them down a small corridor. "Through here!" Thomas taking the lead and trying to open each door, but none of them were unlocked. They then make their way to the end, another pair of doors that were chained shut on the other side. "It's a damn dead end!" Y/n yells, kicking at the doors along with Thomas and Minho.

"I'll hold them back!" Winston says, pulling out a gun and begin to fire. "Harder!"
"Get the damn door opened!"
"Move!" Frypan shouts, breaking open the door with one move.

"It's open!" Everyone runs through the open door, lastly came Winston before being pulled down by his leg by the cranks. "Help!" He yelled, y/n grabbing one of his arms and pulling along with Newt and Aris helping her. The cranks managing to scratch and claw at his stomach, he lets out a scream of pain. "Go! Go!" Thomas yells, Frypan and Aris holding Winston up.

"Hurry up! Let's go!" Y/n yelled, motioning her hands towards Thomas and Minho to follow. "Leave the damn door and run!"
"Go Minho! I'm right behind you!" Thomas says, y/n with her hand out waiting for Minho to take. "Let's go let's go!" Minho then starts to run from the door and takes y/n's hand, running with her. Thomas then starts to run as well with the cranks bursting through the door.

They had all then found a place to hide, huddling together and turning off their flashlights while Thomas shushed everyone. Minho's arm wrapped around y/n shoulders and holding her close to him.