Near death experience.

The group surrounded all around a small fire, Aris throwing in a piece of wood to keep the fire going. "I thought we were supposed to be immune." Minho spoke, y/n looked at him as she sees the pain in his eyes. "Not all of us...I guess." Teresa says, taking a pause in her sentence. "If Winston can get infected, we should assume so can the rest of us." Newt said, everyone stayed silent. "I never thought I'd say it, but I miss the glade." Frypan spoke for the first time since they've left Winston, y/n stared at her fingers she didn't have anything to say.

The next morning the journey to the mountains continued, the hot sun hitting everyone's skin. Everyone removing their jackets and using it as a shade, y/n was exhausted, hot, thirsty. She watched as Minho threw the empty bottle to the ground, she licks her dry lips at the thought of water. She looks towards Aris, he looked just as heat exhausted as she was.

The group laid on the sand, needing a few hours of sleep. Y/n had her knees pulled up to her chest, feeling a cool breeze hit her neck, it felt refreshing especially after spending a whole day in the sun. Her eyes opened to the sound of distant thundering, looking up at the sky to see it was becoming cloudy. "Hey, hey. Get up." Thomas said, he began to stand up and started to wake the others

"Newt, get up come on. Frypan, Aris." Slowly everyone was waking up, y/n stood along besides Aris. She watches as Minho slowly got up as well, she reaches out her hand to help him up in which he accepted. "I see something." Thomas pointed out, in the distance a building with lights on sat. "You see that? It's lights." Thomas then said,  suddenly the thundering was becoming louder.

Everyone turned around, the clouds were now getting closer to them and the sound of thunder grew louder followed by lightning strikes. "We gotta go, come on." Thomas says, everyone began to quickly grab their bags and started to run. "Hurry!"Thomas shouted, lighting still struck and was getting closer.

"Keep moving!" Thomas continues to yell over the loud thunder. "Let's go!" Minho then yells, y/n grabbing onto Aris arm as he was falling behind. "Keep moving!" She shouted towards him. The group was getting closer to the building, another lightning struck near them.

"Get inside! Go!" Thomas yells, a sudden bolt of lightning hitting a car near Minho causing him to get struck by it. Meanwhile both Y/n and Thomas hitting the ground hard, y/n's ears began to ring as she slowly started to get up. She looks to see an unconscious Minho, her mouth opens as she screamed out his name at least so she thought, she still couldn't hear a thing over the loud ringing.

She scrambled up to her feet and ran towards Minho, grabbing him by his jacket and began to pull. Thomas, Newt and Aris all came running towards her. "Come on, get him up!" Newt yelled, the ringing in her ears starting to fade away. She quickly helped Newt pick him up to his feet, smoke coming from his body. She threw his arm over her shoulder as Newt did the same.

Y/n felt Aris hand go to her lower back, he was slowly pushing her to move faster as lightning continued to strike. "Come on, hurry up!" Frypan yelled, he held the door open for them. They enter the building and Frypan slams the door shut. "Put him down."
"Watch his head!"

"Who's got a light?" Aris turns on his flashlight, both Y/n and Newt slowly put Minho down on the ground. "Minho!" Thomas said, holding him by his jacket and slowly moving him. "Come on man." Newt then said, y/n moved her hands to his shoulder and slowly shook him. "Wake up Minho! Come on." She said, her other hand moved to his face and started to slap his cheek lightly.

Everyone's heavy breathing filling the quiet area, everyone watched as y/n continued to plead for Minho to wake up. "Minho!" She shouts, shaking him a bit more roughly now. After a few more seconds of silence Minho groaned, everyone sighed heavily. "There he is." Fry said, y/n smiled brightly as he woke up. "What happened?" Minho asked, looking at his hands confused. "I think you got struck by lightning." Thomas said, Minho looks at the four that hovered over him before letting out a small smile. "Oh." He says, Newt and y/n let out a small laugh.

"Let's get him up, nice and slow." Thomas says, y/n pulling him by one arm while Thomas pulls him up by his other arm. Minho let's out a slight groan as they pull him back up to his feet. "Hey, thanks guys." Minho said, smiling again. "Glad to see your already back to your usual self." Y/n said, patting Minho's back before quickly giving him a quick hug. "Did you miss me already?" Minho joked, hugging her back as he gently rubbed her back. Y/n pulls away and rolls her eyes at him jokingly.

"Hey, what's that smell?" Teresa asked, lifting her flashlight and turning it on. A crank then came running at her, full speed. Everyone screamed, Thomas pulling her back. "Behind you!" Teresa then yelled, another crank charging at them. Y/n who'd still stood next to Minho instinctively grabbing his hand as they backed away quickly from the other crank, noticing that they were all on chains.

More cranks on chains charging at them, the group was circled together, noticing more making a path. "I see you've met our guard dogs." A female voice said, lights turning on at the other end of the hall. "Who's that?" Minho had asked, tightening his grip on y/n's hand. The girl walks to the group, not even flinching at the cranks that tried to grab or bite her. "Stay back, stay back!"

The short haired girl stops in front of them, exhaling heavily as she looked at the group. "You guys look like shit." She said, everyone stood confused. "Come on, come with me." The girl then said, she took a few steps before turning back to the group. "Unless you want to stay here with them?" The girl says, Thomas then reluctantly following her and so does the group.

The short haired girl leads the way, sliding open a door and continues to walk. "Come on, keep up." The girl looks back to the group, everyone was looking around curiously. "Jorge wants to meet you." She then said. "Who's Jorge?" Thomas asked, as they all walked up the stairs and continued to follow the girl. "You'll see." She says, looking back at Thomas momentarily before looking back in front of her.

"No one's come out of the scorch in a long time, you've just got him curious." She pauses for a moment, slowly a group of men started to crowd behind the group. "And me, too." She finishes her sentence, Newt and Fry look behind them to see a few men directly behind them. "Anyone else starting to get a bad feeling about this place?" Newt mumbled, y/n nodded as she looks to her side to see a guy next to her. "Tell me about it." She mumbled as well, moving away from the guy and bumping shoulders with Minho, who'd wrapped an arm around her waist protectively.

The group then going to walk up another pair of stairs. "Let's just hear him out, see what he has to say." Thomas looks back to the group. "Your optimism one day is not going to work out too well for us." Y/n said, Thomas ignoring her comment while Minho and Newt let out a small chuckle. Y/n looks at Aris to make sure he was still okay, in which he shows her a weak smile.

"Jorge they're here." The girl says, sitting down onto the sofa. The group slowly stops walking, as they watch the older men listen to a radio and mess with its frequency. "Damn it." Jorge mumbled, turning it off and turning to the group. "Do you ever get the feeling the whole world is against you?" He then asked, hands on his hips. Both y/n and Aris look at each other confused, eyebrows raised.

"Three questions." Jorge began to speak again, walking towards a side table and grabbing a glass and a pitcher. "Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can i profit?" Jorge asks, nobody answers. "Don't all ask at once." He said sarcastically, pouring himself a drink.

"We're headed for the mountains." Thomas began to speak. "We're looking for the Right Arm." The group of men behind them starting to laugh. Y/n taking small notice to the short haired girl and Jorge looking at each other. "You're looking for ghosts, you mean." Jorge says, taking a sip of his drink. "Question number two." Jorge walks closer to the group. "Where did you come from?" Jorge then asked, Minho and Thomas sharing a small look.

"That's our business." Minho said, Jorge then looks to his men in which the men quickly grab each one of them. "Get the hell off me!" Thomas shouted, all the others were struggling as well. "Let go dipshit!" Y/n yells as well. The short hair girl then grabs a scanner of some sort, grabbing Thomas by his hair and pushing him down. "Shut up, you big baby." She says, as the thing began to scan his neck. "What is that?" Thomas demanded, as he felt the girl let go of him.

"You were right." The girl says, speaking to Jorge. The men letting go of the teens. Y/n shoving the man back, away from her. "Right about what? What is she talking about?" Thomas asked breathlessly, as Jorge took the scanner from the girl. "I'm sorry, Hermano." Jorge says, removing his glasses. "Looks like you're tagged. You came from WCKD." Jorge then said.

"Which means you're very... valuable." The group of men then slowly starting to close in on them.

"Damn it."