Learning the truth.

Y/n reached the bottom of the hill, her goal for the moment was to talk to Mary. She needed to know why she'd have these memories coming back to her, she also needed to know more about how she'd try to save her friends.

After a few minutes of looking around for Mary, she suddenly heard the familiar voice of Mary from behind her. "Y/n." Mary said, y/n whipped her head around in surprise. "Hey." Y/n says, giving a quick smile. "You ready to talk now?" Mary asked, y/n nodding as she felt Mary place her hand on her lower back and lead her to a small tent.

"You must have a lot on your mind, I'm sorry you had to find out this way." Mary says, pulling out a water bottle and handing it to y/n in which she gratefully accepted. "Thank you, and yeah I do have a lot on my mind." Y/n says, nervously biting at her bottom lip. "Go on then, ask your question." Mary smiled, pulling up a chair whilst y/n sat on the bed.

"WCKD says they wiped our memories, but for me it's different...my memories, they come in dream like forms, I only get bits and pieces of them." Y/n began, she continued to bite her bottom lip and started to fumble around with the water bottle.

"Why is it the memory swipe didn't fully work on me?" Y/n then asks, Mary stayed silent for a few minutes. "Y/n, ever since you were a child we'd found out your mind worked in a different way. You were tested on multiple times, but your brain always denied the memory swipe." Mary explained, Y/n's leg began to bounce.

"But why? Why did my brain deny the memory swipe?" Y/n asked, her voice grew a bit louder and her voice cracking. "We never figured out why, the last time I'd seen you, was when you were thirteen years old. It was only a week before you did what you did, and then got sent up to the maze." Mary stands up, taking a seat next to y/n and placing her hand on y/n's bouncing leg.

"So they sent me up to the maze because I tried to save my friends?" Y/n asked, her curiosity taking over. She felt a bit annoying for asking so many questions, but she needed answers.

Mary nods her head. "But why didn't they just send me up to maze that I was originally at? Why did they have to switch me? You said I never was supposed to go up in the maze, what did you mean?" Y/n began, asking question after question.

Mary took a deep breath before answering, which caused y/n to take a deep inhale as well. "You were supposed to go up into that maze with the boys, you were meant to be in group A but when they found out your brain was denying the memory swipe, they knew it'd only take a matter of days before your memories would come back." Mary explained, y/n opened her mouth to speak but was quickly cut off when Mary spoke again.

"If you went into that maze your brain would recognize the boys, you were so close with them that just seeing them would trigger your memories. So WCKD decided it'd be best to send you up to Group B." Mary finished, y/n sat in shock, disbelief.

She didn't know how to process this, but still she had one more question that wasn't answered. "And what did you mean that I wasn't meant to be sent up to maze?" Y/n asked quietly, almost as if she'd lost her voice just from hearing this news.

"Y/n...you worked for WCKD, you and your brother-" Mary paused, y/n's eyes widened. Brother? What the hell did she mean brother? "What the hell do you mean?" Y/n stood up quickly, eyes widened. "What...what do you mean brother!?"

Mary sighed, standing up slowly as well. She had this look on her face, a look that was telling her to calm down. Y/n took a few deep breaths, calming herself. "What do you mean brother?" Y/n asked again, instead more softly.

"Y/n you have a half-brother," Boom. "And you and your half-brother worked for WCKD," Boom. "Your half-brother also happens to be Thomas." Boom. That was it, the final boom that made y/n collapse to the floor.

It was them. Her and Thomas. Working for WCKD. Sending their friends into the maze. Finding each other again, with no recollection of the other.

Mary crouched in front of Y/n, y/n had tears in her eyes threatening to spill out. "Does Thomas know?" She croaked out, her mind then going back to when they were on the hill. Of course he knew, there was something wrong the moment she'd seen him show up on the hill.

"I think you know the answer to that." Mary says, helping y/n back onto her feet. "I know this may be too much for you, but I thought It'd be better if you heard this all from me." Mary continued, brushing the strands of y/n's hair out of her face.

"Thank you." Y/n says, a tear rolling down her cheek. "Thank you for telling me, all of it." She said, Mary smiles at the younger girl and rubs her shoulder comfortingly. "Mary!" A voice then yelled out from outside the tent, the two girls exiting the tent. "Mary we need you for something." The guy said, which Mary just nodded and informed the guy she'd be there soon.

"Im sorry to leave you like this, but duty calls." Mary smiled, trying her best to lighten up the mood. "No worries, I have someone to talk to anyway. Thank you, Mary." With that y/n smiled, waving off Mary as she left.

Y/n then turned around, her eyes scanning around for Thomas. She needed to talk to him, especially after finding out he was her half-brother. Instead her eyes landed on the familiar boy: Minho.

"Hey there stranger." Minho says with his big smile. "Hey Minho." Y/n said, smiling as well. "Listen can we talk? In private..." Minho asked, y/n noticed the sudden change of demeanor which caused her to worry.

"Yeah....yeah sure." She nods her head, the two teens walking away from the camp and people but still close. "Is something wrong?" Y/n asked, as she rubbed her hands together to keep warm.

"What? Oh no! Nothing is wrong, it's just that..." Minho took a pause in his sentence, puffing out his cheeks. "It's just that?" Y/n repeated, confused on where he was going with this conversation.

"Gosh, this is really hard to say. I didn't think it would be this hard." Minho says, mentally beating himself up for not getting to the point. "Minho. Just spit it out." Y/n laughed, which managed to calm Minho's nerves a bit.

Minho gently shut his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath in before opening his eyes again and looking straight into y/n's eyes. "Here goes nothing." Minho told himself, taking a few steps closer to y/n.

"I know this is about to sound so cringy but, I can't imagine my life without you in it. I am so head over heels for you Angel that its driving me crazy, from the moment we met back in the 'safe haven' I knew I was in love with you, y/n to me you are Unforgettable." Minho blurts out, not even taking a second to breath. His confession hitting her like a truck.

Minho liked her. No not like, loves her. Y/n's eyes widen, she didn't know what to say. All she could think was how she'd fallen for him again, first when they were smaller and now again.

"Shuck, you probably don't feel the same. Im sorry- that was really stupid of me, I thought you'd feel-" Minho was cut off, her lips were pressed against his.

Minho didn't know how to respond at first to the kiss, his body froze. Y/n pulled away, removing her hands from his shoulders. "You were blabbing too much." She said, smiling brightly and Minho laughs. "Yeah that's what happens when I tell the girl I love, that I'm in love with her." Minho smiled, before grabbing her face and smashing his lips against hers again.

Y/n moved her arms around his neck, pulling him lower to her. Minho moves his hands to her waist, pressing his body to hers as they kiss another desperately.

They pull away for a moment before kissing gently this time. "I like the taste of your lips on mine." Minho said, earning a small snort from y/n. "That's a weird thing to say, don't you think?" She teased, both of there foreheads pressed together and earning a small laugh from Minho.

"Minho." She whispered suddenly, Minho pulling away to get a good look at her face. "Yes, Angel?" He asked. "There's something you need to know." Y/n says, pausing for a second before continuing.

"I remember you. From before the maze, I've had these memories about you since I was sent up and since I've escaped the maze. The night before you arrived, I had a more vivid memory about you, I was trying to save you." Y/n admits, she couldn't carry this burden anymore. She needed to tell him.

"Y/n-" before Minho could continue his sentence a huge explosion went off.